System bar when typing...

Kookoo

Sep 4, 2011
I am starting to feel that I am the only one with this problem, so I am feeling a bit foolish.
Whenever I am using the virtual keyboard I keep accidentally pressing the system bar icons with the palms of my hand. This brings multitasking up, or the home screen, or retracts the keyboard, or brings the Settings up, depending on which icon I accidentally touched. I haven't completed a single email yet without having to restore the email app or the keyboard.
This just can't be right - what am I doing wrong?

swtrainer

Sep 3, 2011
i am using the SwiftKey keyboard with split screen...the letters on left and right sides with space and the number keypad in the middle. This lets me type with thumbs and is much more accurate to me and it also has excellent predictive typing.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
I use swiftkey too, but I use the qwerty keyboard because I'm a touch typist not a thumb typist. I'm much faster with a full keyboard.
But in any event, even with the stock keyboard I just don't have this issue because I don't rest my palms on the bottom of the tablet.

I could see this happening if you type on a desk, where the tablet is laying flat, but high enough that your palms naturally fall there. I usually type with the tablet on my lap or with the tablet in my Multi-angle rooCase, which keeps the bottom edge away from my palms.

KooKoo may want to look into a case. The rooCase has a strip of leather across the bottom of the tablet that keeps your palms raised just enough. Multiple colors available. See pictures on the link.