System slow down

deltadon

Dec 19, 2012
Hi,

I'm puzzled. I've got a GT 2 7.0 and it's great but for some reason it has slowed down.

For example, I have noticed lately when I open a book I have stored on the bookshelf in Overdrive Media I get that little "moving circle" that looks like the recycle symbol at the bottom of the tablet and it says "loading" there.

But the loading is taking 8-10 seconds. It used to be virtually instantaneous.

Is there someplace I can go in the tablet to clear out or delete whatever is clogging up the system? I've checked "running apps" and I don't have anything that runs all the time.

Thanks

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
There are quite a few reasons for something like that but it usually involves either 1 or 2 apps that are consuming resources, like anti virus or live wallpaper or widgets. Sometimes it's the total number of apps installed. Try looking at the apps you installed around the time you noticed the slowdown beginning. I know that isn't easy to do but you may find the problem.

deltadon

Dec 19, 2012
There are quite a few reasons for something like that but it usually involves either 1 or 2 apps that are consuming resources, like anti virus or live wallpaper or widgets. Sometimes it's the total number of apps installed. Try looking at the apps you installed around the time you noticed the slowdown beginning. I know that isn't easy to do but you may find the problem.

I guess it will be a trial and error process?

Check Overdrive timing and uninstall and reinstall apps to see if one or more of them are taking up a lot of resources.

Is this what I should do?

And by the way, thank you.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
It would be tedious but yes, it would help at some point. Restart in between uninstalls.