System Update on July 4?

kes601

May 23, 2011
Not happy only being pushed the small patch overnight and now it says I am up to date and won't let me get 3.1. Not happy.

pwalt

Dec 1, 2010
I also got the patch update only (3.01-1.41...build) ... <sigh> ... it'll come eventually. I'll continue to be patient!

kes601

May 23, 2011
I've already done a support request with Acer. She wanted both Serial # and Serial ID to look into it, hopefully something will come of it. I got a response w/30 mins of putting in the request, that was impressive.

jbwiljr

Jul 5, 2011
Hmmm. I got my tab the second week of May. The only update I have ever received was on the day I got it. I just now got 1.141.07 when others are getting Android 3.1. I sure hope this doesn't mean I will get the 3.1 update when everyone else gets 3.2. Hah! Then again, if 3.1 is buggy I will know in plenty of time. :p

saurabh

May 22, 2011
I'm playing 1080 vid and not updated yet.
ohh, i thot the tablet didnt support full HD resolution because every time i tried to play a 1080p mp4 i got the popup saying 'not supported yet' , also i saw on the acer website (way back in May) which said 1080p playback will be supported later in June via a software update ( i guess it was referring to this 3.1 update)So u guys can play 1080p on the stock player, with HC 3.0 ?

kes601

May 23, 2011
I'm beginning to wonder if they messed up and did the correct file with the "Soak" test yesterday, but when they did the real push out today they had the wrong zip file linked to the update.

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
ohh, i thot the tablet didnt support full HD resolution because every time i tried to play a 1080p mp4 i got the popup saying 'not supported yet' , also i saw on the acer website (way back in May) which said 1080p playback will be supported later in June via a software update ( i guess it was referring to this 3.1 update)So u guys can play 1080p on the stock player, with HC 3.0 ?

I thought the issue had to do with outputting 1080p via the HDMI port to a TV.....but mine will (would) play 1080p vids as long as they were transcoded correctly (I'm talking ripped vids here, though those I did on my camera or camcorder).

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
I expected to wake up to 3.1 but nothing yet. I'm in PA just outside of Philadelphia.

It probably is serial number based....though I would think that batches sent to certain parts of the country would have similar serial numbers, but who knows how they actually ship these things out.

All I know is it seemed as if I was among the last for the update and among the first this time.

taichimaster

Apr 29, 2011
Southern Cal - no nibbles, nothing for me yet. I wish someone could figure out the distribution scheme for hc 3.1.

Ken