System Update on July 4?

lded21

Jul 2, 2011
Talked with yet another "tech" and he claims the push hasn't started yet......everybody for outsourcing to INDIA...hip hip OMFG!!!!!!!

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

pdog1978

May 1, 2011
12:02 July 6th, still no update:(..... I'm in western Michigan and feeling extremely out of touch.... maybe later today.... im starting to mess my screen up a bit now, im gonna have to change to landscape mode when pressing "check now" 1000 times today... ha ha

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Wonder Full

Jun 10, 2011
I just got my update. I'm in Abu Dhabi (UAE). It took ony around 30 minutes for the complete update. It only took more time on restarting at the screen where it displays "android". At the moment all my Apps and things working. One good thing I inserted the dongle for my wireless targus mouse and it recognized it immediately and I can use it as normal mouse.

Last edited:

omnisvalidus

May 9, 2011
Just got the update in the UK this afternoon. The system seemsfar more responsive. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that things will be more stable too.

MrBlazito

May 8, 2011
oh wow my GPS actually works now...I was never able to get "my location" on maps...and now I have my tablet on the bed with windows closed...and it found GPS in less than a minute. sweet!

MrBlazito

May 8, 2011
ok, so the GPS only works with wifi enabled? im still confused after all the discussions we've had on here.

I disabled the wifi and GPS status app said i was locked on to 7 out of 8 satellites. but without wifi it doesn't really work. when I use navigator...it just says "getting directions" and nothing happens...when I try to find ATM machines on MAPS, it just keeps searching and searching for ever!...so does the GPS really work without wifi?

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
ok, so the GPS only works with wifi enabled? im still confused after all the discussions we've had on here.

I disabled the wifi and GPS status app said i was locked on to 7 out of 8 satellites. but without wifi it doesn't really work. when I use navigator...it just says "getting directions" and nothing happens...when I try to find ATM machines on MAPS, it just keeps searching and searching for ever!...so does the GPS really work without wifi?

You have to set your destination and get it to download maps while you have wifi...once you do that, it should be able to track your location using the GPS only. Active navigation requires both 3G and GPS....3G to get new maps and GPS to track you location. You can get maps with WIFI only, but they can't be updated once you leave WIFI, unless you have 3G (cellular).

MrBlazito

May 8, 2011
i did that...it found my location while the wifi was enabled. after that, i disabled the wifi and I tried to find nearest ATM's in MAPS, but it just keeps searching.

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
i did that...it found my location while the wifi was enabled. after that, i disabled the wifi and I tried to find nearest ATM's in MAPS, but it just keeps searching.

What if it doesn't have maps for those ATMs? It needs to get any map you might need during a trip BEFORE leaving WIFI.

One way around this is to get a nav app that has downloadable maps for your area. You download them first, then you should be good to go with only GPS.

omnisvalidus

May 9, 2011
I've just noticed that the dreaded Cell Standby has vanished from the battery status after the update. :) Don't know what if any impact it will have on the battery usage.