System Update on July 4?

wolfganggold

May 11, 2011
I just got the update...Louisville, KY. There's some minor enhancements I've heard about (sizable widgets, scrollable recent apps list) and they work as advertised. There's also a little addition to the wireless signal strength meter that shows up and down data usage...nothing fancy, just an arrow for up and an arrow for down but I sorta like it...gives you an indication of if you're actually getting network traffic.

New apps: Nook, Movie Studio (which lets you edit videos, adding music, pictures and what not...nice), Videos (which lets you rent movies from google...I haven't rented one but when I went to shop, nothing came up on the page. There's a top rentals list at the bottom that seems like it would let you rent but I didn't try it), and Zinio Reader, which lets you read newsstand versions of magazines...there's a huge list of them available and it comes with 3 freebies, Popular Science, ESPN and Bazzar. The magazines seemed to be newstand price per issue too...pretty cool!

The rotation lock now seems to work on the lock screen, which is very nice for me because I spend most of my time locked in landscape. I wish more apps would respect that.

I don't see any Cell Standby in battery usage! It remains to be seen if it'll actually make a difference in battery life.

The big bummer: the hacked Netflix apps STILL don't work...lame...HURRY UP Netflix!!!

zealouz

May 26, 2011
my Swype stopped working...can't get it reinstalled :(

edit: got it working again

Last edited:

MrBlazito

May 8, 2011
whats a good navigation app with downloadable maps?

What if it doesn't have maps for those ATMs? It needs to get any map you might need during a trip BEFORE leaving WIFI.

One way around this is to get a nav app that has downloadable maps for your area. You download them first, then you should be good to go with only GPS.

Rogerlebo

Jun 4, 2011
Bonjour!

From Québec Canada, everything works fine now with Android 3.1, build number 4.010.22_COM_GEN1.
It took less than 15 minutes to download and install.

Everything works now faster on my Acer A500 tablet.

Bonne journée and enjoy!

unix1adm

May 20, 2011
got the request in sfl tonight but said wait on it. i have been trying to find what it updates before i download it.

so what is the updates?

dragon37

May 14, 2011
I am in Portage la Prairie, Manitoba, Canada and I got the update prompt today but it won't install for me. Tried several times with no luck. Still have only build 1.139

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum