System update

MrBlazito

May 8, 2011
Yea the Android version is 3.0.1 on all Iconia's...you would definitely see a pop up asking you if you want to update.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Maybe it wasnt FCC then, but there are still checks that must be done before the updates are allowed in the US. This is what SonyEricsson told me. (I know its not Acer, but the same concept applies)

And you believed them. And that got you off their back, didn't it? So telling you that worked for them then.
They are probably still laughing.

Any "checks" that have to be done are strictly their own in-house checks.

Three is no government agency that approves of updates, there is no official permission needed before "updates are allowed in the US".

drozas

May 1, 2011
Just got the update for my tab and when I try to install, it goes to airplane mode andvtells me the update is invalid. I'm in the US by the way.

Sent from my A500

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Just got the update for my tab and when I try to install, it goes to airplane mode andvtells me the update is invalid. I'm in the US by the way.

Sent from my A500

The going into airplane mode bit is normal, mine did that too, I just got my update about 20 minutes ago. Mine worked fine.
After it is in airplane mode it starts to unpack the update and do a checksum on the download.

I suspect that is where yours fails. The download wasn't complete or it was corrupted.
I suspect you should look for a zip file in the root of your drive and delete it, and try checking for updates again, but maybe call or email support first.

drozas

May 1, 2011
Thanks for the advice. Deleted and reloaded and now it installed. Screen hasn't lit up yet. Maybe that was a fix. Anybody check for the cell signal drain with the update? That would be nice.

Sent from my A500

eman14_91

May 10, 2011
Thanks for the advice. Deleted and reloaded and now it installed. Screen hasn't lit up yet. Maybe that was a fix. Anybody check for the cell signal drain with the update? That would be nice.

Sent from my A500

Most likely. The area on my tablet were it use to say "3G" has been changed to "WIFI"

fatate

Apr 28, 2011
Got up this morning and turn my A500 on and there a message system update ready to DL click OK and it started. After DL message to hook up power supply. This will take a few minutes. Click and message the system will not be available for uses. System shuts down and restart shows a progress bar and when finish a message system updated.

shdw03

May 11, 2011
Mine just updated as well... Well, waiting to reboot as I type

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Android Tablet Forum

SouthCali

May 22, 2011
mines a model a500 and got the upddate today
model number a500(model id also a500)
android 3.01
kernel 2.6.36.3
build number acer_a500_1.139.05_com_gen1

I received the update this morning and my information is identical to yours with the exception of build number. Mine is Acer_A500_1.141.07_COM_GEN1