System update

csoren

May 19, 2011
Yeah, is it just the com_gen1 version receiving updates? My emea_gen3 seems left out in the cold...

zealouz

May 26, 2011
I received the update notice as soon as I turned my tab on this morning...installed perfectly! Have not noticed it waking up from sleep mode as of yet...I have not noticed any other changes.

Model number A500
Android Version 3.0.1
Kernel 2.6.36.3
Build Number Acer_A500_1.141.07_COM_GEN1

dhornick

May 12, 2011
My gf and I just got our updates this morning. Was praying that it might be 3.1 but sadly no. Any idea when that might come for us?

KungFooGrip

May 26, 2011
First post, hi all.

I noticed that the screen only would come on from sleep if my wifi was enabled, likely some app updating itself. I fixed it with a widget, but I think they put it in this update.

Look when you bring it up from sleep and mine says "no internet connection" for afew seconds then it pops back on automatically. I bet it cuts the wifi if its asleep for long enohgh

jeisen24

May 15, 2011
First post, hi all.

I noticed that the screen only would come on from sleep if my wifi was enabled, likely some app updating itself. I fixed it with a widget, but I think they put it in this update.

Look when you bring it up from sleep and mine says "no internet connection" for afew seconds then it pops back on automatically. I bet it cuts the wifi if its asleep for long enohgh

Whats your wifi disconnect policy set to? Wifi off when screen is off? The "lag" could be the distance from your wireless router to your device. It might be taking longer for device to recognize your network's signal.

atul

May 10, 2011
Bought mine from Amazon USA about 2 weeks ago and brought it to India, it too got updated last evening about the same time every one else did. See no major change except wifi i a bit slow in latching on the router now.

Model & ID both are A500 and build is Acer_A500_1.141.07_COM_GEN1

atul

May 10, 2011
Whats your wifi disconnect policy set to? Wifi off when screen is off? The "lag" could be the distance from your wireless router to your device. It might be taking longer for device to recognize your network's signal.

hey jeisen24, thanks u just solved the missing wifi mystery for me :)

zl05

May 18, 2011
Me too. My Iconia a500 is gen3 type. I able to update today to 1.141.01 but the size only 27.45MB instead of 38MB...