System update

acsere

May 4, 2011
Just got my update yesterday when I got home from work. Here is a little info on what it did.

http://www.androidcentral.com/acer-...ed:+androidcentral+(Android+Central)#bXpulseX

Says corporate exchange email support... don't see that anywhere in my tab.... any ideas?

Edit: NVM, i found it. I tried setting up exchange thru the email app originally, that doesn't work. You have to add a corporate account thru the settings.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

DenZem

May 29, 2011
Okay, I checked mine and the update is not showing as available for me... I contacted chat support and they tell me the update doesn't exist... So I opened a ticket... I'm currently on build 1.104, and no updates available when I click to check for updates... No clue why. Between this forum and the acer tablet forum I've seen other US based people that received the update notification... Any responses would be appreciated...

Not rooted, just bought last thursday and love it...

powerhouselb

Jun 20, 2011
Hello there! New to the forum.
Sooooo, I talked to Acer and I was told that the updates are rolling out in waves so as to not overload the servers. Not sure how much of this is true now that I've read this thread. Oh well, here's hopin'.

DenZem

May 29, 2011
Well I got the update to 3.1 and..... DRUM ROLL PLEASE..... I have no more cell standby eating, y battery.... a couple other small changes all good so far....

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

weezy35

Oct 10, 2011
i,d like to know too for i,ve been trying to update system from settings but even the download stops. have also tried from pc onto sd card but than it says it cant open the setup.exe

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
i,d like to know too for i,ve been trying to update system from settings but even the download stops. have also tried from pc onto sd card but than it says it cant open the setup.exe

Wait, what???

Under no circumstances would you EVER put a file called setup.exe on your tablet.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Android probably wouldn't recognize the file extension .exe anyway, and it wouldn't be an Android executable file.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

frnkws

Jul 30, 2011
I'm taking it that you are not doing it correctly.
First off if you downloaded it to your computer, did you extract the update.zip, which you probably meant when you said setup.exe. Or you tried to install it from in the tablet.
If you downloaded it to the computer, right click on it and extract.
Now put the update.zip on your SD card. With the tablet off, insert the sd card, hold the volume down button, left side of it is down, and continue holding while you power up.
Keep holding the volume down till you see the update start.