SYTAB10ST Root access and Google Apps/Market

fman22

Dec 28, 2011
i need help i installed adobe flash player 10.1 on my tablet and now it wont go on the web? BTW im trying to upgrade the flash player.

Compu_Guy

Nov 26, 2011
Cant find anything how about you?

The only thing that I've been able to find is that the screen resolution plays a part in it. Some apps require a certain DPI to be able to be used.

i need help i installed adobe flash player 10.1 on my tablet and now it wont go on the web? BTW im trying to upgrade the flash player.

If you go into your Settings / Applications / Manage Applications you should find Flash Player under on of those lists. Then click on it and you will have the option to uninstall. If that doesn't work for some weird reason, then you can use ES File Explorer. They have an App Manager that might do the trick. If that doesn't, the app gets put in one of three places: 1) /data/app; 2) /data/app-private; 3) /system/app (not likely here). Just find it and delete it.

Compu_Guy

Nov 26, 2011
it took 5 app managers to find it.BTW you think we could upgrade the flash player?

Not sure what you mean by upgrade. These tablets don't come with it installed by default, so there is nothing to upgrade. I've tried 10.3 and can't get it to work. Some people have had success with Puffin browser working on flash sites. I haven't tried it myself, but could be worth a look. Supposedly, Digital Gadets is working on a licence to get Flash Player installed.

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
puffin really works on this tablets, you should install it on yours

Sent from my Sytabex7 Android Tablet

dmarko

Dec 15, 2011
puffin really works on this tablets, you should install it on yours

Sent from my Sytabex7 Android Tablet

Whoever suggested Puffin...Thanks. It does work on most flash sites. Even the higher end 2011 award winning ones :)

Has anyone had success with Netflix or a derivitative program that plays Netflix?

cmb3xs

Jan 1, 2012
Here is how I went about modifying my framework.jar file to allow full market access.

Disclaimer: As always, I am in no way responsible for how you use this information or if you brick your device. I would not recommend you try this if you have not successfully reimaged your tablet from a computer. Factory reset / three finger method will most likely not fix this if you mess it up. I am also not responsible in any way for you using this method and purchasing apps. As stated in a previous post, this does allow access to paid apps, but I am not sure how they get charged to you, so I am not liable if you purchase something and what the repercussions of such would be.

Here are the steps that I followed.

1) Download apktool from here: android-apktool - A tool for reengineering Android apk files - Google Project Hosting I used the Windows version, so there are two files that you need to download. Load both of those into a directory.
2) Grab your framework.jar file from you tablet. This is located in /system/framework
3) Copy this file to the same folder that you put the apktool
4) Open a command prompt and run apktool with this command: apktool d framework.jar
5) This creates a folder called framework.jar.out that contains the smali files. Open this folder and go to smali/android/telephony
6) Open TelephonyManger.smali with a good text editor. On Windows, I use Notepad++.
7) Look for the string of China Telecom. I just replaced this with China Telecom (New). In my case, there are two instances of it.
8) Look for the string of zh. I just replaced this with us. In my case, there are two instances of it.
9) Look for the string of 46003. I just replaced this with 310260. In my case, there are two instances of it.
10) When you are done, save the file.
11) What I then did was renamed the framework.jar file to framework-old.jar
12) Now from your command prompt run apktool b framework.jar.out This will recompile a new jar file for you. The file will be placed in framework.jar.out/dist.
13) Now open this file with a good zip editor (IZarc, 7zip, etc). There will be a classes.dex file.
14) If you open your original one, you will see there is also a META-INF folder and preloaded-classes file. I copied these out of the original and into the new file.
15) Copy the new framework.jar file on your tablet and replace the existing one.
16) Restart!

Doing this has allowed me full market access. As I said, I can see paid and protected apps. The main one that I have searched for is Pandora. It is available now. I also went onto the market online and was able to push Pandora to my tablet from there.

cfrockit, for the 7" tablets, since they are not using the same hard coded files, look for the getNetworkCountryIso(), getNetworkOperator(), and getNetworkOperatorName() and see what they are pointing to. My previous pictures show that on this one, they are just returning this.country (for example) but in the real framework.jar from my phone it is set to return SystemProperties.get("gsm.operator.iso-country"); It may be that this is where the hardcoded value is or something like that. You may be able to modify this function to return something similar to what I've done here or you can just set those properties. I tried setting these in the build.prop file, but even after I reboot, if I use terminal and get the property, it is empty. Something else strange is happening with that. To get a clean view of the jar file, I've been using dex2jar. You pull out the classes.dex file and run it through dex2jar. This will give you a jar file instead of a dex. You can the use Java Decompiler or something similar to see a clean view of the code. Look for those functions and let's see what they are being set to. There may be a simpler way on the 7" tablets.

I am obviously new to this, so please be patient. I have a sytab10st tablet and am trying to follow your directions above, but I can not find /system/framework on the tablet. Suggestions?

Compu_Guy

Nov 26, 2011
I am obviously new to this, so please be patient. I have a sytab10st tablet and am trying to follow your directions above, but I can not find /system/framework on the tablet. Suggestions?

Welcome to the forum! You will need to use a file browser such as ES File Explorer. If you use ES, the best way to get there is click on the star button (it pulls up a list of favorites). At the top it shows a button for Phone. By clicking this, it will get you to the root folder (/). From there you can browse to system and then framework. You will then need to copy the framework.jar file to your SD Card and bring that to your computer. Then follow the directions above. You will need to make sure that you have rooted the phone in order to get the new jar back onto your tablet. Enjoy! and let us know how it goes!

cmb3xs

Jan 1, 2012
Could not get past step 4 above. I tried to run apktool with this command: apktool d framework.jar, but

apktool is not recognized as a command. Ideas?

Last edited:

cmb3xs

Jan 1, 2012
Could not get past step 4 above. I tried to run apktool with this command: apktool d framework.jar, but

apktool is not recognized as a command. Ideas?

I figured out I did not have all the files in the same directory. Now I am running into a snag on installing it to the tablet. For some reason the tablet will not let me copy the new framework.jar file from the sd card to the tablet, nor will the tablet allow me to delete the old framework.jar file. What do you think?

Compu_Guy

Nov 26, 2011
I figured out I did not have all the files in the same directory. Now I am running into a snag on installing it to the tablet. For some reason the tablet will not let me copy the new framework.jar file from the sd card to the tablet, nor will the tablet allow me to delete the old framework.jar file. What do you think?

It sounds like you don't have your /system set to writable. What are you using to try and copy it over? I use ES Explorer. You will need to make sure that you turn on the Root Access and mount /system as writeable in ES Explorer's settings. In order to do this as well, you need to make sure that you have root access. If you haven't rooted your tablet, then jump back to post 13.

fman22

Dec 28, 2011
View attachment $app i forget name.zip heres the app that will allow access to apps ;).......all of them...;) (i am not responsible for any damages or illegal problemes you may cause.This app has been tested and does not contain any viruses or illegal things , download at your will)

Compu_Guy

Nov 26, 2011
View attachment 5173 heres the app that will allow access to apps ;).......all of them...;) (i am not responsible for any damages or illegal problemes you may cause.This app has been tested and does not contain any viruses or illegal things , download at your will)

Thanks fman22, but this actually doesn't work on these tablets. :( This app is called Market Unlocker. There are a handful of apps out there that do the same thing as this. What they do is change the SIM properties that the Market calls on to find out what network you are on. The problem with these tablets is that instead of using the true SIM properties, these values are hard coded into the framework.jar file. Back on post 24 (http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...t-access-google-apps-market-3.html#post164159) I talked about how to change the framework.jar file in order to allow for full market access. This is the only way to get these tablets to work right.