SYTAB10ST Root access and Google Apps/Market

Compu_Guy

Nov 26, 2011
but it does say what the carrier codes are doesnt it?

Yes, it will show you what the carrier code is. The default is 46003 (China Telecom). This app was really designed to change it on the fly so that you could access different markets (US, UK, etc) when you wanted, but because of the way that this has been coded, these tablets will not change on the fly. It is a hard coded value. I tried this app and it "attempts" to change the carrier, but will then pop up a toast message that says it failed. The only real way to change this is to change the hard coded values.

Compu_Guy

Nov 26, 2011
can i update the tablet w/ the modified framework?

You can run the update feature on the tablet with the modified framework, but it you complete the update, then it will replace your modified framework with the original. As soon as DG comes out with 2.3, then it will be beneficial to upgrade and then to recreate the framework jar following the same steps.

Compu_Guy

Nov 26, 2011
when do u think 2.3 will com out?

I'm not sure. I remember reading a thread that DS was looking at having a release this month of 2.3. Not sure if that would be for all tablets or just some or even if it will happen. We will just have to wait and see!

Drujaz

Dec 1, 2011
In June it was questioned whether it was the hard coded getNetworkOperator().

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...never-start-paid-apps-dont-appear-market.html

Going to have to work through what else may be blocking full access. This could be really fun!

Update: The carrier code hard coded in the 11.2.1.8 beta 4 framework.jar noted above "310995" is not a valid code based on Wiki "List of mobile network codes.." Anyone interested in changing it to a valid code and compile and testing it?

That's actaully what I was going to suggest that you do. 310260 is a valid one for T-Mobile. Also to note, each time that I have changed it, I have installed it on a fresh image and used one of the older Markets. I'm not sure if this is part of why it is working or not. From what I can tell, the Market only cares about the carrier code. It might care about the country, but it sure doesn't with the name. When I log into the market on the web, it shows my device as being a T-Mobile device even though I didn't change the name to that.

I used the ATT Mobility - 310410 from the List of Mobile Network Codes for this and it seemed to work. In Google Play, under my list of devices, it shows the carrier as being AT&T. This is how i had hardcoded it into the framework.jar file. Now I don't get the error for apps not being available in my country as I assume it recognizes as US. Is there any way to confirm the location through the tablet. I have the SYTAB7MX btw.

robertguero

Apr 7, 2012
Just got mine yesterday from Big Lots for $159.00 w/tax $175. Had it plugged in all nite and just used it a few minutes today and about a 1/4 of the battery was already gone. Was reading about rooting and noticed someone said to update. Just did one update that made Wifi really strong, picking up wifi I cant even pickup with my laptop. It had me charge in order to do update. When it was done the battery was fully charged or showed fully charged. maybe it fixed an issue. So decided to try another update. It completed. It is no longer locking up or force close as it was yesterday. But the updates did not change the version or firmware. android version DG 2.20 , Hardware ID 11.6.8.2, Fireware ID DG2.2.1-10a3.b1. YouTube plays just fine but volume is low. It now has My Pad, did not see it before. I had stuck a SD card from my andriod phone in and as it booted up it asked if I wanted to install the apk's from the SD card. It tried but said it could not install. I dont think it was a good apk and was nothing I really wanted so just continued. It also gave calibration under settings, dont know if it was there before. So just decided to try to see if there was another upgrade and there is. Its almost done. Its done and Wifi is super strong again. I tried to update again and its says it can so I guess I will see how many it does. It seems like it may just be small fixes. The first update I did the wifi was super strong, the second the wifi was not as strong. Now with this third update the wifi is super strong again. Guess I'll see what happens.

Only issue I have with this thing is the way the touch screen works. Seems like the outer plastic at the left of the screen is an 1/8 of an inch from the screen. So you have to really push for it to read on that side. Anyone elses like this?

Just finished. Says Firmware version 11.6.8.2.21.1

Last edited:

friendlybiker

Dec 15, 2011
I use a wireless moose with a usb dongle I got for $10 at Office Depot. There should be a stylus on the corner by the camera. Been looking for a mini wireless keyboard/touchpad, be great for this pad. One great thing about this pad is that downloaded video is great!