SYTAB10ST Root access and Google Apps/Market

hariks0

Sep 9, 2012
Hi Antisense,

How did you manage to root the tab? The latest version of Universal Androot I was able to find was 1.6.2 b5. It was not having any choice of Android Ver 2.3.x. The latest version supported was 2.0 ~ 2.2. My tab version is 2.3.0. I bought the piece 2 weeks back.

Hi Compu_Guy,

You seem to be the master on this. Can you please guide us further? I have tried :-

Gingerbreak : hangs forever and does not do the job.
Androot : Error "Failed ! No ~~~ Fu goo ~~~"

Are there any other software options for rooting my tab with Android 2.3.0?

TIA.

slm_tvacgs

Jun 22, 2012
Hello All!

I figured I would let everyone know my current adventure.

So I picked up two Sylvania SYTAB10ST 10" Magni tabs from Shopko for Black Friday for $129. I'm guessing that these are pretty new, since I can't find much online for them. Everything seems to revolve around the SYTAB10MT.

All in all, the tablet isn't too bad. I would really like one of the fancy smancy ones, but right now the price was right.

There are a handful of things that are annoyances that I'm working on correcting and that is where this post is coming from. After loading the tab and finding out that the Android Market isn't install, that was a big bummer. The SlideME market place is fair, but doesn't seem to have a lot of the apps that I want on it. I've loaded the Amazon Appstore, but everytime I try to download a free app, it pops up a saying that there is a problem with my payment method, even though everything is setup correctly. I'm going to have to contact Amazon about this. My guess is because it is a tablet.

Before going any further into my details though, I do want to let everyone know that root access is available and easy! To get root access, I had to load Universal Androot v.1.6.2 beta 5. Loading this is a little tricky, as this tab doesn't have a USB port to connect to your computer. What I ended up doing was downloading it on my computer and copying the apk over to my SD card. Then in the SlideME market, they have X File Manager that I used to browse to the card and just load the APK. This is also how I had to load my other apps that aren't on the SlideME market. I either put the on the computer or downloaded them on my phone and used Astro to back them up. All of the apps that I have tried are working just fine under this method. After loading Androot, I tried doing the soft root, but that failed. So, I went ahead and took the plunge and did the hard root. This one worked! I also loaded on Root Checker and sure enough, I have root access. I then reset the tab and the root access is still there.

Next, I want to load Gmail and the Android Market. I've been looking at the post here and trying to figure out how to get the Android Market on, but have a few hiccups. Gmail, on this tab, is not available. On the other Sylvania tabs, the directions show that you can add it though the Add Application link. On this guy, Gmail isn't on the list. I did download the latest Google Apps pack from Cyanogen, the hiccup here is how do I load these? I'm used to having Recovery on my phone where I can just flash the zip file. Here I don't have that luxury. Any thoughts on where to go next with this?

After getting the Google Apps loaded, then I want to try the Market, which from what I can tell, if Gmail is working, then the market should work pretty smooth as well. We'll see.

If anyone has any thoughts on how to get the Google Apps loaded then let me know.

Thanks!

Dear sir

Let me know hard root step by step. I am having Sylvania SYTAB10ST