SYTABEX7-2 Can't start up or reboot

bomain

Dec 3, 2011
I received my new SYTABEX7-2 the other day in the mail. I charged the tablet for roughly 6.5 hours before doing anything with it. After charging I turned the tablet on. A screen came up that said "Updating UO" or "Updating OU" or something like that. Once that completed a message came up that stated "Remove SD Card and Reboot". I shut off the device, removed the SD card, then tried to turn the device back on. Nothing happened. Tried a few more times, nothing. Charged for a while longer (as it almost seems like the battery is dead), tried to start it, nothing.

I tried the factory reset (3 finger deal) and again nothing. I sent an email to Digital Gadgets this morning, but have not received any response yet.

I went through the forum looking for something similar but haven't been able to track anything down. Any assistance or informaton on anything I might be able to try or what might be wrong would be greatly appreciated. Thank You in advance.

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
I received my new SYTABEX7-2 the other day in the mail. I charged the tablet for roughly 6.5 hours before doing anything with it. After charging I turned the tablet on. A screen came up that said "Updating UO" or "Updating OU" or something like that. Once that completed a message came up that stated "Remove SD Card and Reboot". I shut off the device, removed the SD card, then tried to turn the device back on. Nothing happened. Tried a few more times, nothing. Charged for a while longer (as it almost seems like the battery is dead), tried to start it, nothing.

I tried the factory reset (3 finger deal) and again nothing. I sent an email to Digital Gadgets this morning, but have not received any response yet.

I went through the forum looking for something similar but haven't been able to track anything down. Any assistance or informaton on anything I might be able to try or what might be wrong would be greatly appreciated. Thank You in advance.
Welcome to the forum!

Where did the tablet come from? Was the micro SD included in the tablet? If so, what is on the SD card? How is it formatted (size/format)? What does it contain? If possible, post a copy of the disk image for investigation.

An incorrect U0 "u-boot-nand.bin" image is the most common cause of tablets not responding and cannot be fixed.

lorenii

May 2, 2011
Yeah, I would like a copy of that disk myself.... kind of curious what version was on it.