SYTABEX7-2 Specs and Angry Birds?

pra4snw

Dec 11, 2011
So, I went to my local CVS to pick up a couple of these for my kids to use to play games instead of using my RAZR. I found that they are now selling Craig CMP738b tablets. I figured that they can't be too far off of the Sylvania, so I grabbed 2 of these to try out.
It was easy to load a ROM with the Android Market included, so I downloaded a few things to try out.
One thing was Angry Birds, and it runs so slowly that it is unusable.
I also am not a fan of the screen, but all of the $99 tablets are probably the same when it comes to that.

The Craig has an 800 MHz processor, so I'm wondering if the SYTABEX7-2 has one that is faster?
How is the response playing games like Angry Birds?
Am I just asking too much of these devices?

Thanks.

Marbieskarb

Feb 2, 2011
So, I went to my local CVS to pick up a couple of these for my kids to use to play games instead of using my RAZR. I found that they are now selling Craig CMP738b tablets. I figured that they can't be too far off of the Sylvania, so I grabbed 2 of these to try out.
It was easy to load a ROM with the Android Market included, so I downloaded a few things to try out.
One thing was Angry Birds, and it runs so slowly that it is unusable.
I also am not a fan of the screen, but all of the $99 tablets are probably the same when it comes to that.

The Craig has an 800 MHz processor, so I'm wondering if the SYTABEX7-2 has one that is faster?
How is the response playing games like Angry Birds?
Am I just asking too much of these devices?

Thanks.

Actually the Craig has a Rockchip 2818 which goes up to ~640 mhz and not 800 mhz. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/craig-tablets/9828-craig-cmp-738a-information.html

The SYTABEX7-2 is definitely faster and the response in angry birds is very smooth. It has an ARM 11 based Infotmic IMAPx210 processor running @ 800 mhz (max 1ghz.) It has 256MB of memory and 2GB of internal storage. Also, it comes with a 2GB external SD card. Its good for ebook reading, music, hd video, and some light gaming. The only issue is that I would like to point out is that since both the Craig and the Sylvania have resistive touch screens, there isn't any multi-touch for zooming in and out for games that either require it or benefit from it like angy birds. But, if I had to make a choice I would go with the Sylvania tablet.

Last edited:

pra4snw

Dec 11, 2011
Thanks for the info.

The 738b is a hardware upgrade from the 738a, they bumped the speed up to 800 MHz, but processor architecture can make a big difference.

I'm glad to hear that the Sylvania will work better for what I need, and I'm not sorry for giving the Craig a try.

Now for the big question: what stores are now carrying the SYTABEX7-2? I've only looked at the one CVS near me, do they still have them? I've read that Big Lots is a source, but they seem to be a "catch it if you can" type of store.