SYTABEX7-S can't log on to wifi

amymelissa

Dec 24, 2011
totally irritated purchased four of these for the kids and we cant get any of them to log on to the wifi. It says connected but when you try to connect it gives you a an error occured 505 message and thats as far as I get. Please help and yes I have been through all the stickys and havent found an answer.

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
totally irritated purchased four of these for the kids and we cant get any of them to log on to the wifi. It says connected but when you try to connect it gives you a an error occured 505 message and thats as far as I get. Please help and yes I have been through all the stickys and havent found an answer.
Welcome to the forum!

As you've seen these aren't really children's toys even though their sold at toy, department, and pharmacy stores as they require a lot of effort and tweaking to work.

Simplest answer is to reset router and use only WEP encryption. There are many more suggestions buried within the forum but start with simple.

Good luck but consider trading all 4 for one good tablet then they can share in the spirit of the holidays.

amymelissa

Dec 24, 2011
I have already reset the router and still doesnt work. Guess we will wait till Monday to see what customer service can tell me. But I am geussing from the more than 100 views on this post that I am not the only one with this problem. A friend of mine bought the Craig tablet from Rite aid and it works great no problems what so ever. I should have just purchased the ones at rite aid instead of the CVS ones.

lorenii

May 2, 2011
CVS here in Oklahoma is selling the Craigs now. You might check your local (not just one, they all seem to carry different stuff) CVS's and see if you can "trade" for the Craigs.

Better hurry.... expires today!!!!

Check out the CVS Weekly Ad for this week&

Last edited:

lorenii

May 2, 2011
Just checked... out of them in Oklahoma... It will be after the first of the year before they get anymore.

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
I can understand that people underestimate this particular tablet, but as many of us has written and tell our experience Whit it, I found it particulary useful when it works and with the froyo update as well, just because we can purchase it over $60 - 99, it doesn't mean that is garbage or a toy; of course that I have gain knowledge trough all the time that I have with it, and yes, it is not an iPad, xoom, or relatives;

so the key over here is to have patience with it (a lot of us don't have it), and try to fix the trouble that some tablets come with it, its relative easy once you get to understand it a little more of it;

like cfrockit mention, it would be more easy to get wifi connection using wep, if you are using wpa, or wpa2, just change to wep, and you are all set, btw, the wep configuration its on your router

Sent from my Sytabex7 Android Tablet

Last edited: