T mobile seems have blocked data for my S7 for no reason.....

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
I have to make a comment here!
I must say that the mess that is the US cell phone network in the US would not be tolerated here in the UK or perhaps anywhere else in the worls!
I can get free pay as you go SIMs, unlimited data for web browsing for $15 CDMA is unheard of (that surely is against any trading standards laws in any country, fair competion etc?) and my current tarrif is 600 min, unlimited texts, unlimited web for $30.
I really feel it when I come to the States, however, I shouldn't complain because you have "Golden Coral"!:eek:

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
well they already have it in the notes alot that I have the s7... so not sure if they can try to register it on the hd2 or something... its weird cuz the sim works in my girlfriends hd2 for data...
I think there is something else going on here!
Ask T-mob to do an OTA SIM reset. Unless of course they already have!
You only get the redirect when using the SIM in the S7?

duceirae

Dec 14, 2010
well its been more than 2 hours for the 2nd time mind you and still no net... I honestly think there is a bunch of morons over there at t mobile... and what pisses me off more than anything is the fact I have to go over this problem with each and every rep I talk too. and all of them do the whole nod there head and simile over the phone thing and piss me the f*** off cause they wont listen to a damn thing I say. The reason I know this is cause for example I tell them what I have done and then they just ask me flat out have you tried this " fill in the blank of what I just said I did.. " talk about frustrating. it soooo ridiculous how stupid these people are.. if I was there I would slap them.. f***! im sorry for cussing but I just want to get my point across....

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
The same redirect could be due to browser cache entries.
Install a completely different browser and try with the APN I mentioned!
I used to use Opera, but now use Skyfire.

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
well its been more than 2 hours for the 2nd time mind you and still no net... I honestly think there is a bunch of morons over there at t mobile... and what pisses me off more than anything is the fact I have to go over this problem with each and every rep I talk too. and all of them do the whole nod there head and simile over the phone thing and piss me the f*** off cause they wont listen to a damn thing I say. The reason I know this is cause for example I tell them what I have done and then they just ask me flat out have you tried this " fill in the blank of what I just said I did.. " talk about frustrating. it soooo ridiculous how stupid these people are.. if I was there I would slap them.. f***! im sorry for cussing but I just want to get my point across....
Er, um
Point received and understood!
Do the browser check.

duceirae

Dec 14, 2010
I think there is something else going on here!
Ask T-mob to do an OTA SIM reset. Unless of course they already have!
You only get the redirect when using the SIM in the S7?

I have not but they might have not sure...I will ask them tomorrow when they reopen there offices..

duceirae

Dec 14, 2010
The same redirect could be due to browser cache entries.
Install a completely different browser and try with the APN I mentioned!
I used to use Opera, but now use Skyfire.

wish I could but it wont even connect to the market...

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
Then uninstall and reinstall your current browser.
If you don't have the apk saved then it's in sdcard downloads or should be. Check first!
What's your browser?

Last edited:

419guy

Nov 17, 2010
I am having the EXACT same problem, on the phone with them right now.. They are saying they have no idea why and told me to check the APN setting which is correct;

epc.tmobile.com

I told Tmobile I am not the only one having this problem and asked them if they have made any data plan changes for non Tmobile phones but she said no and all they can do is refer me to call Best Buy, which I am sure will also not have a clue....

I was on the phone with T-Mobile again for some time today but once again no luck. I will say they that they did try their best to trouble shoot and we cant really be mad at the reps because this is not a T-Mobile phone. However, not being able to access the web without using wifi takes away one of the biggest features for me. If no change in status I will probably give my S7 away and wait for another tablet/phone to arrive.

If anyone gets any updates let me know and also let me know if anyone is still currently getting the web with their T-Mobile sim.

Just to add, I put the sim back in my Nokia Nuron and the internet works fine in the Nuron.

Last edited:

duceirae

Dec 14, 2010
ok reinstalled skyfire again still no luck.. Im pissed off beyond belif.. i even put in my girl friends sim and it doesnt work now. honestly I think there is something shady going on with t mobile right now. Im going to call and ***** all day long and wont get off the phone till it gets working period.. if I need to talk to the lead engineer of t mobile that is what im going to do.. I know its there end...

duceirae

Dec 14, 2010
Then uninstall and reinstall your current browser.
If you don't have the apk saved then it's in sdcard downloads or should be. Check first!
What's your browser?

what is the apk btw im sorry that I dont know..

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
what is the apk btw im sorry that I dont know..
the .apk is the install file extension package for the apps.
eg skyfire.browser.apk
It's the file you download from the market and most are saved on your sdcard in the download folder.

duceirae

Dec 14, 2010
hey pa49 thanks for all the help its been awesome!

I have done a factory reset once i might try it again and see what happens.. I played with some of the apn settings t mobile sujested before I got disconected with them and then I called back and got more people that didnt speak english.. so I spent about 6 more hours today on the phone with them.. I finally got the CEO's email

[email protected]

and [email protected] and [email protected]

Mr. Robert Dotson CEO

dont know what ones are good or not but I will email all of them with the horible customer service and crazy time im having..

btw I am wondering if anyone has any other apn settings they can sujest on this.. let me know...