T103 Update... help?

solange

Mar 25, 2011
Geekgirl,
I have the exact same specific symptoms that you experience. I think some perverse person at the factory took about 10% of the T103's and made them unable to do the easy reboot method. I have spent weeks pressing that stupid +volume button and reset. I, like you tried every possible key combination in the world, results= nada, zip, zero...I tried the computer method on 2 different computers, an XP and a Windows 7 premium...again nada, zip, zero...In this time, i used it just fine with some issues, but have generally been pretty happy and impressed with it mostly. I was like, what the heck are all these people talking about, "just do the reboot method, easy as pie...". Its a conspiracy....

Well, it finally worked for me tonight on my Windows 7 system (which is nothing like the cruz website says it will do...). This is what I tried. I reset the tablet, while power cord and USB cord plugged in, back to factory Settings. It erased all added programs.

The reset is under settings, select Privacy the select the one option available, "Factory Data reset"

My hardware manager picked up the android interface and the "null<> USB crap" changed to "disc drive". i then ran the Update utility and my cruz went to the screen that everyone but you, me and a few other "going out of their minds" people saw. At first it did not recognize the zip file. The utility pauses for you to say it updated or not. At that point, i went into astro and went to look at the file. The update.zip was there. I pressed the edit key to rename and it was called update.zip.zip.... (no this was not the problem those bizzillion other times as i tried renaming it over and over and...). I got rid of the extra zip on the file name, hit NO on the utility on my computer and it tried rebooting again.. and it worked. So, maybe this will work for you or someone else. Good luck.

Shavala

I am frustrated. I bought this Cruz T103 for my girlfriend's birthday. And I had a friend of mine bring it to me all the way from US, whilst I am now based in Slovakia. I read your post and saw that people managed to solve the problem of upgrading firmware and fixing it your wife but it doesn't work for me. I still can't neither use reset/vol option, nor Factory Data Reset. I connect it to PC with USB and I plug the charger in and do Factory Data reset. It reboots and for a second shows me a picture of the android near a box with a status bar. That's as far as I get about the upgrade, then this screen disappears and I get a CRUZ screen and standard login stuff like "ANDROID" title etc. My PC still shows this disk as NULL although I installed the PDANET and it sees the devices as Android Phone. Please help. I am going nuts and I really don't have any choice since I can't return it. Thank you!!!

solange

Mar 25, 2011
I am frustrated. I bought this Cruz T103 for my girlfriend's birthday. And I had a friend of mine bring it to me all the way from US, whilst I am now based in Slovakia. I read your post and saw that people managed to solve the problem of upgrading firmware and fixing it your WAY but it doesn't work for me. I still can't neither use reset/vol option, nor Factory Data Reset. I connect it to PC with USB and I plug the charger in and do Factory Data reset. It reboots and for a second shows me a picture of the android near a box with a status bar. That's as far as I get about the upgrade, then this screen disappears and I get a CRUZ screen and standard login stuff like "ANDROID" title etc. My PC still shows this disk as NULL although I installed the PDANET and it sees the devices as Android Phone. Please help. I am going nuts and I really don't have any choice since I can't return it. Thank you!!!

Sorry. not your wife but I meant to say YOUR WAY. Thanks!