T105 $99 at CompUSA online- worth it?

scajjr2

Sep 6, 2011
Got an email flyer from CompUSA today and one of the items is the T105 for $99 (includes a 8Gb SD card). Ad says it's running 2.2 .
Worth it? Wife has a Sylvaina 7LP and was wondering how the T105 would compare (other than the 7lp only has 256mb ram, the T105 says it comes with 512mb)

Sam

DroidUser3.0

Sep 25, 2011
I ordered mine last week and should be getting it tomorrow. I went with TigerDirect/CircuitCity and paid $99.00. Let's see how it goes.

Will post after a lil bit of use.

UPDATE:

After fully understanding the limited abilities of this device I went ahead and purchased it.
I, however received a unit with FroYo already installed and bundled with a 4 & 8 HCSD cards along with a sleeve.

Despite it not being able to allow A LOT of apps I enjoy to install, I consider myself savvy enough to make the product work for me. Most noticeably, was what seemed like unresponsive touch screen. I either had to tap/touch repeatedly or harder. I read some users had that issue with 2.0 and then mentioned the upgrade to 2.2 had resolved it. I'm now just wondering if I should apply the update myself even though it already 2.2.

Anyways, it plays my videos, music, and surfs the web decently (I allow myself to be patient with it). I'm having a bit of a time finding games that are interesting enough to play with a lag but not much luck yet.

In short, considering I had read about most commons issues and was able to accept its short-comings technically, I am overall pleased with the purchase. I'm ridiculously crossing my fingers for somebody to root this. This processor desperately need to be over-clocked.

Last edited: