T301 Velocity Micro Cruz

Hamil10

Nov 23, 2011
I was wondering I have a android phone and a active google account associated with my phone can I use these apps from my phone to my Cruz device?? Thanks for anyones help:)

wjs

Nov 24, 2011
The CRUZ T301 isn't recognized by the regular Android Market, and some of the apps there reportedly will not run on the Cruz. I think this has to do with the processor in the Cruz and the software development kit that supports it. But,...

The good news is that many of the popular apps will run on the CRUZ and can be loaded and installed manually by obtaining the APK for that app. There are several sites that let you download the APK (installation file) for free, assuming that it is a free app. For example, if you want to install the Express News app from Handango, do a Google search for Express News APK, and you will find a list of sites that have it.

If you do the above on your Cruz, you can install the app by selecting the APK file in the notifications area once it is downloaded. You will be asked if you want to install it.

If you download the APK on your PC, you must copy or download it to an SD card, and after inserting the SD card into your tablet, launch ASTRO and find the file on the card and select it. You can then be prompted to use APP MANAGER to install it directly from the SD card. Good luck.