Tab 2 7.0 & SKYPE and general Problems

vijaykhai

Jun 19, 2010
It has been almost a week since the Tab 2 was released and sufficient time for those of us who received it, to put it to some limited use. Yet I am surprised that no problems have been reported yet by anybody! For myself, couple of things I have to complain about:

1. lack of a decent User Guide
2. Even after a complete shutdown and fresh startup again, I find that the browser still RETAINS the last used browser web details! So much so I am unable to bookmark shortcuts to individual sites for instant call-up, instead of having to retype the address each time.
3. Can SKYPE be used with Tab 2 for videocalls? I find it is not one of the recognised devices or am I doing something wrong?

I will be very much obliged for guidance and useful comments.

russell_t

Jul 30, 2011
3. Can SKYPE be used with Tab 2 for videocalls?

Skype video calling works correctly on my Tab 2. An experience I had that may be worth noting: While using the Camera app, I selected the rear-facing camera. Next time I launched Skype, video wasn't working. I closed Skype, switched to the front-facing camera using the Camera app, relaunched Skype, and video chat was working correctly again. There may be an easier way that I'm not aware of to remedy this (perhaps the cameras are selectable from within Skype) but this method worked for me. Hope that helps.

Lewis100

Nov 14, 2012
I installed skype from the google play site. It seems to work good except that i cannot connect to more than one person at a time. (while using video) i found the audio quality to be very good.
After a connection is made, up at the top you will see a camera icon. Click on it and also make sure to go into your camera app which is a different app from skype and make sure that the front facing camera is selected. It will be the icon on the left with the circular arrows on it.
Thanks for starting this thread.