Tab: How to put Modem.bin via Odin3 1.7

solo118

Mar 8, 2011
Hi All, I bought a used tab and the previous owner placed a european rom that allows phone calls that I really dont care for. Anyways, I want to use t-mobiles 3g network for Data only. As it stands, I get EDGE and get redirected to T-mobiles website.

I have gathered info, done my research and found out I needed something called modem.bin to allow 3G to work on the Tab (which I got from XDA)

So now I have the bin file, I have Odin3 1.7, but I have no idea how to get it onto the Tab.

I really did try searching up and down the forum as well as the internet, but I can not find instructions on how to install this modem.bin.

If anyone can lend a hand, I would really appreciate it!

PS If its too hard to do, I do not mind resetting the Tab altogether and going back to stock firmware. I can root it again but at least I will have 3G access.

solo118

Mar 8, 2011
I tried this but Odin says failed...

<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

does it have to be in "download mode"? Does Kies have to be open?

Last edited:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Your device must be in download mode. You are better off closing Kies.

solo118

Mar 8, 2011
I have the drivers, dloaded this morning. The Tab doesn't get recognized by Odin with the yellow section (nothing shows up) while I am in download mode.

Edit: somehow in download mode I got odin to show com3 in yellow. When I hit phone and find modem.bin then click start the message area just says "all threads completed (succeed0/failed0)

Last edited:

solo118

Mar 8, 2011
After more playing around I got it to load! Now it shows H which is great.

The problem is when I go to browser it redirects me to T-mobiles login page! I'm on the mytouch data plan I figure this should be working :( any advice??