Tablet Advice?

Variant

Dec 18, 2013
Tried posting in the big thread, but am guessing not many people look there. :) So, sorry for the re-post:

Looking for a tablet for my dad to use. He doesn't really have any experience with tablets or smart phones yet, so he'll be learning from the ground up.

- Looking for at least a 10" tablet to make it as easy as possible for him to read with minimal eye strain (in his early 60's) - he's fine reading my iPad 3.
- Mostly will be used for web browsing and some email likely, Google Maps as well
- Would like to be able to find a solid physical keyboard (don't think this will be too hard with any tablet tho)
- Needs to have Wifi and Cell (4G/LTE) - dad is on the road at times and don't want him to have to muck with spotty wifi
- Budget - up to $400-500 ?

I'm a little confused on the 4G/LTE part... sounds like there are tablets out there that will connect to any cell network available at no extra cost? I had been thinking I'd need to go with a tablet from a cell carrier to ensure service.

Based mostly on the 4G/LTE need, was thinking of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 from w/ Verizon. Seems a bit dated though, but doesn't seem to be much newer available. The Google Nexus 10 2 sounds great, but have questions about whether or not it'll have decent 4G/LTE coverage (doesn't sound like it can connect to Verizon's network) and it's also not released yet of course. :)

Thoughts? Verizon also has the iPad Air as an alternative to the Android of course.

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Hi Variant, there are few tablets support 4G/LTE, i only know some tablets support 3G phone call, such as: Hyundai T10 Quad Core Tablet PC, 10.1 Inch IPS Display, 2GB/16GB, support Dual camera,bluetooth,GPS, WIFI.....have a look !

2013053113333723.jpg