Tablet Applications

nathanpc

Dec 21, 2010
Hello,
For sure I'm going to get my Galaxy Tab today. I already have a lot of experience on Android with my Motorola Milestone, but there are any tablet applications available at the market just like iPad does(Separated)? Or it just scale the applications for the bigger screen?

Best Regards,
Nathan Paulino Campos

npmt

Dec 6, 2010
It wont resize with most apps I tried, unless otherwise coded so, take Gameloft as an example, they have games that are designed specificly for Galaxy Tab. The tab has resolution that are higher than most Android standard WVGA (800x480), so most apps wont use all screen estate. If you watched reviews, this is one of the issue for the Tab, but do not worry, since Tab is the second well known Tablet in US, there are more and more apps that takes Tab resolution into consideration.

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Tapatalk

nathanpc

Dec 21, 2010
I use a lot the Facebook, CNET, Engadget and Google Reader. Those already have the Tablet version?

tae254

Dec 20, 2010
I use a lot the Facebook, CNET, Engadget and Google Reader. Those already have the Tablet version?

Those do not have a specific version for the tab but will work just fine with the galaxy tab

sent from my android tablet

nathanpc

Dec 21, 2010
I got an iPad at Dec 21, but 3 days ago I've seen that iOS isn't the OS for me and I got a Galaxy Tab and I'm loving it. Already made some hacks on it's kernel, personalized a lot of stuff and developing some stuff using HTML5, CSS3 and Javascript(with jQuery of course) using PhoneGap. A lot better than iOS development for sure.