Tablet disaster zone

Heartbroken

Nov 25, 2014
Sad tale of a tablet experience gone bad. Any advice gratefully received.... (am not a techie so may have some details a bit wrong)
Purchased a Samsung Notebook 10.1 2014 in May this year. Went on family holiday in June and took amazing photos. So far so good. When home for a week the tablet wouldn't charge and went completely flat. So took it back to the shop and they said "I think it's just a faulty charger, but we have to send it to Samsung for them to check it out. Take out the sim card and the sd card to keep your stuff as they take no responsibility for data loss" Ok, no problem. Tablet goes away. Tablet comes back with lovely new charger. Fantastic. Pop sim card and sd card back in tablet. No photos!! Sd card was blank. Tablet keeps popping up with message to say re-insert sd card even though it is still in. Sim card keeps randomly popping out. Called shop, they said "Samsung would have factory reset the tablet for your privacy." Are you kidding me????? Have got some photos in dropbox but the rest are toast apparently. Does anyone have any thoughts on data recovery? Also went back to shop to get help with potential data recovery (wishful thinking I know) and they said we don't know how to, but we can ask Samsung. Samsung not interested, and don't really want to help with the sd card and sim card issues. But then what is the point of having it if these rather essential bits don't work????!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

In the spot you are in there would be no way to recover anything from the internal storage. It does concern me that the SIM card wants to pop out. What was on the SD card if anything?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Heartbroken, welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition section for you, where more people familiar with that tablet are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

Heartbroken

Nov 25, 2014
Welcome to the forum

In the spot you are in there would be no way to recover anything from the internal storage. It does concern me that the SIM card wants to pop out. What was on the SD card if anything?

Sd was completely blank. We didn't realise until we put it back in the returned tablet. We had assumed that if you put a SD card in (especially one that was sold to us at the same time for that purpose) then it would just work... have we done something wrong or is it the tablet? Tried popping the sd card in our camera and took a photo and it worked normally (now have one ugly photo of our living room on the sd card). As for the data recovery I have tried a software from dr Fone which found thousands of images hidden in the depths of the tablet, however none of which were any use to us. Is everything that I've read about possible data recovery just dreaming? Thanks for your reply.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I'm afraid it is just dreaming. What you explained does not mean the SD card was not working but to use it requires that you tell the media to copy/move to the SD card.It isn't automatic but is a huge benefit to save space on the internal storage.

Heartbroken

Nov 25, 2014
Hmmm... so far every time I try putting the card in it says "card inserted" then "card removed please insert card" even though the card is still in so I never get to a point where I can ask it to store anything!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
There is either a fault with the card or the slot. If it works in another card reader that does not mean the car is good. You would need to try another card and it it does the same thing you have a bad mechanism/slot.