Tablet display off while using HDMI?

lifire

May 14, 2011
Is it possible to turn the a500 display off when connecting to a TV using HDMI out? If you try to lock the device (hit the power button), it halts the device completely. There is not brightness option for "completely off," so that's not an option. Ideally, I'd like to save battery if I'm watching a movie via HDMI.

Does this require a 3rd party app, if so, do you know of any? Thanks in advance!

ihightower

Jun 13, 2011
Is it possible to turn the a500 display off when connecting to a TV using HDMI out? If you try to lock the device (hit the power button), it halts the device completely. There is not brightness option for "completely off," so that's not an option. Ideally, I'd like to save battery if I'm watching a movie via HDMI.

Does this require a 3rd party app, if so, do you know of any? Thanks in advance!

Yes.. I want this option too...

I want to be able to have the option to TURN OFF Tablet Display... when connected through HDMI to TV.

This is when playing some long video or games, etc. and save on battery..

Of course.. when there is a touch interaction required... like browsing websites.. we need the tablet display to be ON.

Is it possible at all to have the option to turn off tablet display...? Or there is a technical hardware limitation... like mirroring only works because of the display is physically ON or something..??!!

Please someone explain

Device:
Acer Iconia A500
Honeycomb 3.0
Wifi Model