Tablet Doesn't Recognize USB Devices

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Q&A' started by Routweiler, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Routweiler

Routweiler Member

Tablet / Device:
    Coby Kyros Mid8048
    Hello all,
    I have a Coby Kyros MID8048 tablet. My daughter was using it a while back and went to a music site and crashed it. It would shut down as soon as the power adapter was unplugged. I fixed it by doing a factory reset. Now the tablet works fine but my external keyboard no longer works. It worked up until the reset. Also, when I try to transfer files via usb drive attached to an otg cable(as I have always done), the tablet does not see the usb drive either(fat32). The port is working because when I attach it to my pc, it immediately pops up as a "mass storage device" and I can transfer files back and forth this way. I would much rather do this via flash drive. I downloaded a usb host controller app and got a message "missing s3c driver". I have not been able to locate a download of this driver anyplace which brings me to this forum. I'm hoping someone out there can help me with this as Coby has gone out of business and taken my warranty with them. thanks in advance for any help or advice on this, JR