Tablet for 10 year old

payne05

Nov 4, 2011
Hi, new to this community. We have ipod touch and are about to buy ipad but my 10 year old wants a tablet for Christmas. Don't want to spend more than $150 for it. Wants to watch movies, play games, camera would be nice plus (just for her to play around with). Have done a little research about the OS and know we aren't buying one with the 3.0 Honeycomb or newer 4.0. There are just tons of 7" tablets out there for under $150 and I can't tell a lot of difference. Can someone help me with 2 or 3 to buy. We know this won't be Ipad, but we want something he will have fun with. Also, would prefer Android Market but don't know if any will have it in this price range.

Thanks!!

Susan

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Susan, welcome to Android Tablets. Glad you decided to join us as a member of the forum. The best place on the forum for "shopping" advice is the Android Tablet Discussions section. I'm moving your thread to that section, so more folks will see it and hopefully come along to help you decide what to get. You might also want to read the threads already there to get a feel for what's available and some of the things to consider when buying a tablet. Good luck!

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Hi, new to this community. We have ipod touch and are about to buy ipad but my 10 year old wants a tablet for Christmas. Don't want to spend more than $150 for it. Wants to watch movies, play games, camera would be nice plus (just for her to play around with). Have done a little research about the OS and know we aren't buying one with the 3.0 Honeycomb or newer 4.0. There are just tons of 7" tablets out there for under $150 and I can't tell a lot of difference. Can someone help me with 2 or 3 to buy. We know this won't be Ipad, but we want something he will have fun with. Also, would prefer Android Market but don't know if any will have it in this price range.

Thanks!!

Susan
Hi Susan, welcome to the forum.
Here's a Samsung based 7" tablet with android 2.3 OS for 20% OFF in our site, how do you think? High Quality 7inch Capacitive Screen Android 2.3 OS Samsung A8 PV210 1Ghz with 1080P and External 3G - China Electronics Wholesale - Consumer Electronics Gadgets Dropship From China
And you can find more in our site, welcome!:)