Tablet for a Reader

jamichelson

Apr 2, 2012
Hi! I'm considering buying a tablet. I need it mostly to read books and newspapers (75%) + mail and social networks (25%). what you would recommend? thanks a lot!

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
As far as the social networks go screen size isn't an issue, but your main proposed usage is a bit trickier. For books I would definately suggest something in a 7" range as it is more comfortable to hold over long periods of reading. The problem is newspapers and magazines which greatly benefit from a larger display. Lenovo has a tablet that is quite powerful and midrange in size, the a2109 I think, and is very reasonably priced. Add to that a smart and enthusiastic user base that will help you get more out of the device than you probably ever imagined you wanted and it seems like the perfect solution.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

BamaPanda

Oct 6, 2011
I have long been a fan of 9.7" tabs; same shape and size of the iPad ...sticking with the 4x3 format; avoiding the 16x9, which is prevalent in just about all the 7" tabs ...like a Kindle Fire.

I now have an iPad, an 8" Onda and have just sold a 9.7" Teclast A10t with Android 4.0.

I think I have found the perfect size ...9.4". It is slimmer than a 9.7" in portrait mode; yet about the same width ..but not a big handful like a 10.1".

At the same time, 9.4" gives one way more screen than any 7".

Sony's 9.4" is more than I want to spend ..so I have my sights set on either the Pipo M8 or the Ramos W42.

Merimobiles & McBub has them both ...starting just over 200.00. There is also a Ramos W41 9.4" for less $ @ McBub; might be just perfect for you at a lower cost. It just has lower processing power than the others mentioned.

I wish you well.

side note:
When I got my Teclast, I had to root it to be able to get Google Play. I hated the tension of possibly 'bricking' my tab. Many of the newer tabs now have Google Play loaded; and have little need of rooting. Also look for Android 4.1 ...for sure.

:cool:

Last edited: