Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nook color

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Other?

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

Ekozilla

Apr 13, 2011
Hi all, I was hoping to get a piece of advice as to which tablet would be best to buy. I am going on a multiple day care trip with my 7,6, and 4 year old. I am looking to replace the dvd players we have with a tablet that I can load with videos and simple games like angry birds, doodle jump, etc.

I am looking for something cheap since I need to buy 3, and decent battery life is important since we will only be able to charge them at night.

I was looking at the coby kyros mid7015 and the mid7024. Also have considered the nook color.

Any advice I much appreciated. Thanks!

thek135

Apr 19, 2011
I have the Huawei S7 and it is really a very sturdy device. I've tried to press on the touchscreen as hard as I can and I haven't managed to make the LCD screen do that thing where it changes colour where you are pressing. You can get MicroSD cards up to 16 GB for it, that's a fair amount of movies. Battery life isn't great, I usually get 4 hours out of mine. I think in the U.S. i costs $249 at Best Buy, I know in Australia it's $199. If you can do with the battery life as it is then I'm sure it would be a great tablet for your needs.

Rindatan

Oct 30, 2011
I have the Huawei S7 and it is really a very sturdy device. I've tried to press on the touchscreen as hard as I can and I haven't managed to make the LCD screen do that thing where it changes colour where you are pressing. You can get MicroSD cards up to 16 GB for it, that's a fair amount of movies. Battery life isn't great, I usually get 4 hours out of mine. I think in the U.S. i costs $249 at Best Buy, I know in Australia it's $199. If you can do with the battery life as it is then I'm sure it would be a great tablet for your needs.

Thanks thek135 Because I had been looking for information about it ....
confused.png
Like for U

b4reel27

Oct 30, 2011
i just picked up 3 kyros mid7012 for my kiddos for christmas went ahead and got one for myself plays angry birds movies books music and other simple games pick em up off ebay 296 for all three.. hope it helps. battery is from 3.5-4 hrs just depending on what your doing.

drenkency

Oct 31, 2011
After some time on touch pad of tablet there are scratches ouccured and after that the functioning of touch screen function absent.

MommaJane

Nov 9, 2011
I'm actually wondering the same thing! I'm tried of my kid using my ipad... there are a lot of things I dont want them getting into like youtube that the ipad cant restrict! are there any other options?

MommaJane

Nov 9, 2011
This seems like a pretty sweet deal, im not sure how good it is, but its a version of the intel learning series line of laptops for kids. it has a color keyboard, touch screen and is water resistant. Has anyone ever purchased one of these?

Kids Tablet PC with Touch Screen