tablet for less than 400$

kabaczek

Nov 4, 2012
Hi, i'm new to your forum and i'm pretty lost here. To be honest, i'm not from USA, that's way i need an advice where to look for such a things (i know only amazon and ebay :p ). I need a tablet for school to make notes, watch a movie from time to time and of course to play some games. i got sth between 350-400$.

Angus66

Oct 17, 2011
Hi, i'm new to your forum and i'm pretty lost here. To be honest, i'm not from USA, that's way i need an advice where to look for such a things (i know only amazon and ebay :p ). I need a tablet for school to make notes, watch a movie from time to time and of course to play some games. i got sth between 350-400$.

Lots of great choices in that price range. One thing you didn't mention was if you want a 10.1" tablet, a 7" tablet or something in between.

In the 10.1" size there are numerous choices:

Samsung Tab 2 10.1" It comes with 16GB internal memory, microSD slot and a solid display. It does use a slightly outdated dual core cpu, but it only costs ~ $350 currently at many retail and online stores. In the price range you stated, Samsung makes solid but not exactly cutting edge tablets.

Asus Transformer TF300 It comes in both 16GB and 32GB models, has a microSD slot and a great display. It can also turn into a decent laptop style unit with the optional keyboard. Keep in mind that the TF300 quality has been inconsistent. Cost is roughly $350 - $400 depending on model you choose.

Toshiba Excite 10 series. This tablet also comes in both 16GB and 32GB models, has a microSD slot, full size USB port and a great display. The quality of this tablet has also been somewhat inconsistent. Again, the current cost is roughly $350 - $400 depending on model you choose.

Acer A700. This 10.1" tablet is only available with 32GB model. It too has a microSD slot, a micro USB port and an incredible 1920 x 1200 display. I would put current Acer tablet quality on par with Samsung - they both feel well-made. Current price for the A700 is ~ $400, but they could be purchased for as little as $350 a few weeks back (which was when I purchased mine).

Google Nexus/Samsung 10.1" I've saved this tablet for last because it won't be available for purchase until November 13th. For the price range you'd like to stay in, the 16GB model is the only choice at $399 (the 32GB model will be $499). When released, the Nexus 10 will have the highest screen resolution of ANY tablet on the market - even the new iPad. One thing the Nexus 10 doesn't have though is a microSD slot for expansion. Other than that, the Nexus 10 is reported to be a great tablet.

To be 100% clear, I didn't mention every feature on every tablet - I just listed the basics. Prices can also go up and/or down depending on demand and new competition or impending new models.

As of today, all the above mentioned tablets are available on Amazon.

My closing advice would be to Google the tablets above and look for reviews, customer feedback and weight that against your own needs/wants. It's a great time to be a consumer shopping for a tablet - there are LOTS of models to choose from and prices keep going down while features are going up.

Good luck with your search!

kabaczek

Nov 4, 2012
7" tablet could be too small, but i don't have any kind of experience with it. the question is where to search for the tablets in USA. what are the main stores, or auction sites?
@Angus66 , as i read galaxy tab doesn't provide a good performance :/

Angus66

Oct 17, 2011
7" tablet could be too small, but i don't have any kind of experience with it. the question is where to search for the tablets in USA. what are the main stores, or auction sites?
@Angus66 , as i read galaxy tab doesn't provide a good performance :/

Amazon would be your best bet for an online seller. I've been a Prime member on Amazon for years and their customer service is second to none in my opinion.
Their prices are usually at or well-below other online stores as well.