Tablet Is Stuck On Boot Screen...

linda2598

Jun 12, 2012
Hey guys...
Alright... So I suppose this has probably been seen a million different times, but I still cant seem to find an answer...so maybe you guys could help me out?
My android tablet has been stuck on boot screen and I don't know how to fix it...so i'll just give you guys the information...
(WM8650)
Android OS: 2.2
Kernel: 2.6.32
Build Number: V1.5.1

Beyond this, I know absolutely nothing about my tablet...it shows that information and the little green robot on the screen when I attempt to turn it on. Please help me?

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Hi, I moved this over to the WonderMedia forum so some experts on your tab can find it easier.

I am not familiar with this particular tablet, but try long pressing the power button (for about 30 seconds) and see if that helps.

cal67

Aug 4, 2011
What happened prior to this? Did you try to load a new ROM? Is it the stock ROM? Have you tried the reset hole? (be careful, on some it looks like the microphone hole.)

Jun 18, 2012
OMG! I have found someone else with the EXACT INFORMATION, SYMPTOMS, ETC...
Only, I don't think I installed anything you called ".rom"
I have tried power button hard shut down, reset button and yes I do know difference.
I did however notice there isn't a mem stick and I know I had one in there. Either someone removed it or I did and Im suffering SENILITY early in life. I also noticed that unit refuses to stay charged unless plugged into wall outlet via ac adapt/chgr.
So....where do I go for the file(s) to reinstall this dagnabit thing I believe should be called "I wish and want to be a REAL TABLET" ? Any suggestions outside of go to ...and enjoy the ride? You will be more than godly if someone answers to me.

cal67

Aug 4, 2011
It sounds like your stock ROM (version of Android) is corrupted. I would recommend upgrading to Uberoid. You will need a microSD card. Go to the techknow forum in my signature, sign up and log in. Get the ROM and run the changer.bat file for the number corresponding to your tablet (based on screen size, touch type, vibration/no, colour of LED when on and charging, and audio port colour.)