Tablet Memory questions

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Discussions' started by LRK, Nov 4, 2012.

1. LRK

LRK Member

I'm looking to buy a tablet for my daughter, so I'm looking for something inexpensive but still a good tablet. I've having some questions about the memory, I can't seen to find anything with 64MB of memory at a reasonable price (which I understand) but if she wants to have movies I'm worried about it taking up all the memory. She would use this right now for games, books, and movies. I found one with 16MB with a 32MB card slot, which I thought was pretty good, but sales people have told me its not enough. Does anyone feel this is enough? Also, if I buy and download a movie for her can I then move it to the SD card storage and just remove it for later use and use a different SD card for everyday use? I hope I explained that correctly. I don't own a tablet, so I'm a novice to this. Thanks for anyones help.
    Also, I've been looking at the Visual Land Prestige 10" Android, any comments on this device?

2. leeshor

leeshor Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
    Welcome to the forum

My first Android Tablet was 16GB and it had a microSD card slot. I found that 16GB is more than enough if you use the SD card slot for the movies. If you get a tablet without the slot, that could be an issue.