Tablet Mod Requests

st0ne

Mar 1, 2011
It would seem that the day is close at hand when we will be able to cut & paste our own custom roms. I wanted to start a thread for suggestions for functions you are looking for.

I would like to see a power Button widget. Rather than having to hold the power button for 5 seconds or more. A quick shut down is what I am looking for. ( don't want to hit the little reset button all the time)

LSWONE

Dec 30, 2010
Great idea!
I would like to be able to connect a usb webcam for chat!
It would be nice if google maps could see the location service again from my wifi or mifi again like before the update.

st0ne

Mar 1, 2011
I could be wrong, but I think web cam drivers for the very basic function are not that complex.
the sys info apps I have used all say that my EX7 has an accelerometer.... but it doesn't work... so... either there's no driver for it in the rom or there is but no settings option or widget to turn it on maybe?
And above all lets get a working Flash! Not just to be able to watch vids on line, but so we can all stop messing with it and get on to more important things. lol.

Mar 23, 2011
According to my system info there is some sort of orientation sensor in my Express tablet (reports it as 'infotm orientation sensor' with a couple of statistics) it would be nice if that could be used for auto rotate... if that's what it does.

Otherwise... flash, USB web cam, location detection, blah blah, stuff everyone is going to say.

It would be nice if my tablet could recognize my USB SD adapter. I do photography and it would be nice if I could just slap my photo SD card into my tablet and get a look at the pictures on a larger screen without having to transfer it to a micro SD card or pay extra for a larger micro.

Mr Tim

Apr 20, 2011
I cant rember which one it was because I watched so many but some young kid was on a youtube vid showing how to root the sylvania and he shut it down with a widget on the home page.
If I find it again I'll post or try to find out how he did it.

First you need to root your tablet with universal androot (Android will not allow soft resets or power downs without root permission). Then install 'quick boot' (you can get it here
here, or in the Android Market. Works great on my Sylvania and saves wasting your life away pressing the power button.
Quick boot is not a widget, but you only need to start it and press once more for a reboot or power down.

novadar

Mar 26, 2011
I will give this a shot later.

Saw your other post. I got mine with the CVS 25% off coupon about a month ago. That at some Extra Care Dollars brought my total with tax down to $72.43. Great price for nifty toy.

gimp1955

Apr 13, 2011
First you need to root your tablet with universal androot (Android will not allow soft resets or power downs without root permission). Then install 'quick boot' (you can get it here
here, or in the Android Market. Works great on my Sylvania and saves wasting your life away pressing the power button.
Quick boot is not a widget, but you only need to start it and press once more for a reboot or power down.

Thanks Mr. Tim works great. My power button is getting pushed out of line below the tablet body and this will save me pushing even more Lol. I just added it to the bottom bar so its always easy to get to. Thank you again.

Sent from my p7901a using Tapatalk

Mr Tim

Apr 20, 2011
After some playing and flashing both my Expresses to 2.2, I think the thing I'd most like from a custom rom is a deep sleep function. The whole power button situation is bad enough, but without deep sleep, I'm forever turning it off. In this respect, I'd much rather it behave like a phone - turn the screen off and still be able to wake up after several days on standby. I've done the phone.apk rename hack, so we'll see what that does.