Tablet ''Non Compatible'' to certain apps

TechWizard

Jun 10, 2013
Hello Androiders!

Sometimes, I will visit the Play Store,and try to get an app,only to find it isn't compatible to my Line of Tablet. I just wanna why this is? Do certain apps only work for certain versions? I have a 4.3 Version (Jelly Bean) and I still can't use some apps. Is it my device or version restricting me?

Thanks in advance!

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Most likely it has more to do with your tablet (A500) than the version of Android. The app may not have been tested to work with your hardware. In some cases it could be the Android version too. I know one popular app was released, and it was accidentally released to ONLY work with Android 2.3 and it was supposed to be 2.3+. Anyone with ICS and JB could not get it to work. The dev quickly fixed it in that case. I know many Gameloft games work on Samsung Galaxy Tabs which have similar specs to my TF101 (and the A500) but Gameloft never tested them with some of (what they consider) less popular tablets.

You can try googling for the APK file (similar to an exe file in Windows) and install it manually. Keep in mind, this could open you up to viruses or malware if you get a bad file. Could be even more dangerous since you are rooted.

I found some Gameloft games and ran them on my TF101 and some ran OK, others had issues with rendering the pixels and colors properly.

Mrhelper

Apr 29, 2012
Developers can configure apps so that Google Play will filter based on service provider, geographic location, screen size, software libraries, OS version, hardware options -- e.g., camera, sensors, GPS, CPU architecture, etc.