Tablet Purchase Help

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Discussions' started by islandfever, Jan 28, 2013.

1. islandfever

islandfever Member

Which Tablet would be best if I want to be able to have

1) the best HD Video Camera to take advantage of the program Coaches Eye which is a video analysis program?

2) 4g Capabilities

3) Potential rooting

Thanx for the input!

New here....

2. t.anderson

t.anderson Member

Nexus 7 android tablet.

3. Frederuco

Frederuco Super Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    ASUS TF101
    Not sure which is gonna be the "BEST" for all of those, but I will say the Nexus 7 does not have a rear facing camera, so shooting video can be a bit tricky.

I would say the Samsung tablets are probaby your best shot for LTE and rooting capabilities.

The Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 comes to mind, and I have heard there should be a Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE, but have not seen it yet.

IMO, it is better to just tether to a smartphone if you already have one rather than get a tablet and have it tied into a contract, but that is just my opinion of it.

4. islandfever

islandfever Member

What about these really cheap Japanese tablets I am seeing on here?

5. Frederuco

Frederuco Super Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    ASUS TF101
    You can try one out, but from hanging out on this forum for the last few years, many of the cheap imported tablets have poor customer support, difficult to upgrade firmware when a new version comes out, do not have Google Apps on them (Play Store specifically).

Also, the mainstream tablets (Acer, Samsung, Asus, Sony, Lenovo, Motorola, Nexus) have a much larger installed base than most of these imports so you will be more likely to run into users who know how to fix them on forums.

I don't know how many import tablets I have seen that end up getting tossed because the user forgot the password on the tablet and they cannot figure out what the hardware manufacturer programmed for the factory reset (wipe) sequence for the hardware keys. Most major brands have a known sequence that you can get by calling tech support if you get into a bind.

6. islandfever

islandfever Member

Good info thanx....Where is best place to buy a Galaxy Tab?