Tablet questions from a new 7015 owner (Wake-Lock Bug Issue)

tryptych

May 7, 2011
Just got my 7015 today. I have some newbie questions if someone doesn't mind:

(1) how do I completely backup my 7015 before I start hacking around and rooting it etc? I assume I create a rom? what software should I use?

(2) has anyone fixed the "waking from sleep" bug? is that fixed in the watery custom firmware?

(3) i don't really understand what the watery custom firmware is exactly.. is it just cosmetic? like a theme? are there other benefits?

thx

Last edited by a moderator:

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Look out for:
ladybu10.png

To Solve this Riddle Go here

Last edited:

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
(1) how do I completely backup my 7015 before I start hacking around and rooting it etc? I assume I create a rom? what software should I use?

(2) has anyone fixed the "waking from sleep" bug? is that fixed in the watery custom firmware?

(3) i don't really understand what the watery custom firmware is exactly.. is it just cosmetic? like a theme? are there other benefits?

1 - Clockworkmod does a system backup. You don't create ROMs (a few like Tipstir and l_n are the exception) I use ADB to connect PC to Tablet to copy sdcard, nand, /data/app/ etc. Clockworkmod does not worry about your data, like ebooks for instance.
2 - My observaton: The waking from sleep bug is very rare with my stock ROM. It gets common with Google Market and the other ROMs, which usually also have Google Market. Also common if you have installed say 200 apps on the stock ROM. There is/are other thread(s) about the issue.
3 - don't know

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Known issue with Android DEVs one of the posted glitches. The software I have posted it one way but that uses to much memory to run in the background. So I got another method which increases memory and saves on the battery. I've been testing and left the tablet on all night into the next day.