tablet recommendation please

adam30

Oct 8, 2011
Hi guys

I need to pick up the following on Monday....

A 7inch device which i can play downloaded films on..the thinner the better. Needs good battery life, e.g 2-5 hours and needs to be fully charged within 3 hours!
Would rather a tablet than a bulky portable dvd player, also a usb port would be good!
Have looked at galaxy tab, archos and other tablets but really want a recommendation...can you pls advise?

Thanks
Adam

myandroid

Oct 8, 2011
Well, it's time for a 4G LTE Tablet so you should go for Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9. This Tablet not only offer you blazing speed but also some useful features. You can say it an entertainment hub.
I always recommend Samsung Galaxy Tab. Kindly inform us about your final decision.
Stay happy and connected.
myAndroid

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
A number of 7'' devices could fit your needs, I would prorably consider the Acer A100, the HTC Flyer or even the Nook Color. All can be had for around $300, the Acer a little more and the Nook a little less. The Nook may take a little modding to fit your needs, and the Acer has somewhat shortish battery life (you should still get over 4 hours of video from a charge). I've heard the flyer gets over 10 hours on a charge and although it is running Gingerbread HTC has promised a Honeycomb update soon ( a leaked rom is available already). Any of these with an app like Rockplayer would likely fit your needs.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum

adam30

Oct 8, 2011
Many thanks for the kind replies, do you know how long the flyer takes to charge and do you have a model number?

thanks again
adam

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I would probadly check the HTC forum for more info, and as far as I know it is just the HTC Flyer, the 3g version actually has a different name.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum

adam30

Oct 8, 2011
i went and bought the archos 70 in the end, i really liked the look and feel of it, should i replace the operating sytem with a custom rom and if so which one please?

DarrylB

Aug 31, 2011
It's already been suggested, but the HTC Flyer really is a good option and also has USB so it would likely suit your needs perfectly.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
i went and bought the archos 70 in the end, i really liked the look and feel of it, should i replace the operating sytem with a custom rom and if so which one please?

Probably a good choice, the Archos seems to have the best codec support of any tablet/media player. I have an older 5IT and it has always been an impressive devie.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum