Tablet S Multitasking 112233

Gbusby1120

Jan 10, 2012
I have recently purchased a Sony Tablet S and I would like to know how to close all the previous windows (apps) I have used. I am talking about the menu you can access by selecting the double box (next to the home button) button on the button left of the screen.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi, welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new tablet. I'm pretty sure one of the folks in the Sony Tablet S Sub-Forum can answer your question, so I'm moving your thread over there for you. Good luck and have fun with the new tablet.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I have recently purchased a Sony Tablet S and I would like to know how to close all the previous windows (apps) I have used. I am talking about the menu you can access by selecting the double box (next to the home button) button on the button left of the screen.

Hi Gbusby, I'll let somebody else answer specifically how to close apps, but all you really need to know is that Android manages the process for you. You don't need to worry about closing apps, since Android will determine what needs to be closed and when. This will allow Android to run the most efficiently since closing apps and cold launching them is not always better than letting them be.

It isn't like a pc where having too many windows open will slow you down. Sort of like using the Force, you just have to trust it.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
What JP said. I have not needed to manually close an app that way. BTW, do you know there is an app for this forum? :)

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum