Tablet switches on when connecting charger.

techman47

Jul 20, 2011
Does anyone know if there is an option to stop the tab switching on when connecting the charger when the tab is switched off. Just an irritating problem of having to let it boot up then switch it off.

Fusioncept

Jul 24, 2011
Mine doesn't turn on when I plug in the charger, so I would assume on that basis there is a setting to turn on or off that function. That being said I have no idea where it would be. Hope that helps a little bit.......

Sent from my Transformer TF101

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
My Nook does the same thing, I don't think there's a setting for that. Since I never turn it off, just sleep, it's not a biggie for me. I just tap the off button and put it back to sleep.

jmpreder

Jul 27, 2011
If this system is like many others, you want it to turn on as the battery manager will ensure that it charges properly and stops charging when full. Consistently charging without management will destroy your battery. So how important is it that it NOT turn on?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

ronirons

Jan 13, 2011
I think it is good to have the tablet turn on when you plug in the charger. That way you can be confident it is charging by looking at the icon on the bottom right of the screen.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

_androgenous

Jun 6, 2011
+1 with the previous posts, confirmation of actual charging is always good, it seems they're all the same (TFs), like the other posters it isn't a problem for me either

One forum I visited had a 700+ post thread dedicated to this, with ultimately no solution, with some contributors totalling hundreds of replies, they spent more wasted time deliberating the issue than probably just pressing the button.

Also it's not specifically a TF issue, I have friends with other tablets with the exact same thing, so maybe it's a required spec? and my Xperia x10i does exactly the same thing as did my previous Droid.

5 seconds to check charge and press the button, 5 minutes to type up a request for help/info, god knows how many forum visits to check for and reply to answers -- do the math -- just press the button. ;)

Last edited: