Tablet turns off when in sleep

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
hi i just bought coby 7022 -- after being left for a while, it goes to sleep. and I don't know how to turn it back on except using the reset button at the back. Please help me how to make my coby function after it goes to sleep. Or I don't want it goes to sleep at all, is there anyway to turn the sleep mode off? I tried to look everywhere but couldn't find it. Please help. thanks

Settings > Display > Screen Timeout. I think thats what your talking about?

Surely there is a work around for this though maybe if you root

harrystruman

Jun 15, 2011
Hello there

I have a 7024 with the same problem. Right now is Gingerbreaded (2.3) with a mixture of two different updates and the problem still existed.

But I've read in this very forum, in another tablet section, that if you leave the brightness setting at least at 50%, it does not happen then.

I've been testing this all night, and the whole morning, and it seems ok now, no power-offs while sleeping. Brightness around 51-52%

(I use to have brightness almost at minimum for battery reasons)

See U

Last edited:

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Hello there

I have a 7024 with the same problem. Right now is Gingerbreaded (2.3) with a mixture of two different updates and the problem still existed.

But I've read in this very forum, in another tablet section, that if you leave the brightness setting at least at 50%, it does not happen then.

I've been testing this all night, and the whole morning, and it seems ok now, no power-offs while sleeping. Brightness around 51-52%

(I use to have brightness almost at minimum for battery reasons)

See U

What if brightness is set higher than 50% is it ok? I suggest getting an widget that allows custom brightness modes. Such as (0%, 50%, 100%)

poseidon

Jul 6, 2011
No it didn't work. I set the brightness to more than 50% and it's still dead after it goes to sleep. I cannot make it work unless I reset the button. What does the video above do? Will it fix the problem??

FCastle1974

Jun 24, 2011
hi i just bought coby 7022 -- after being left for a while, it goes to sleep. and I don't know how to turn it back on except using the reset button at the back. Please help me how to make my coby function after it goes to sleep. Or I don't want it goes to sleep at all, is there anyway to turn the sleep mode off? I tried to look everywhere but couldn't find it. Please help. thanks

I am also having the same problem Poseidon. Unfortunately you cannot set the screen timeout to "never" on this device. The max is 30 mins . But ive watched mine and even after 30 mins , screen fades, goes dark and then it eventually sleeps . Once that happens I have no other choice than to reset. Right now I am experimenting with a combination of different screen timeout times with a screensaver. I will let you know what happens

FCastle1974

Jun 24, 2011
If you do read around though it seems to be a common problem. Hopefully it will be fixed with a software update soon .
Quote from Amamzon review.

"So five months after i bought the Coby 7015, it still goes strong. It has this annoying sleep/wake thing if you dont turn it off that drains the batteries, and occasionally i have to reset it, but once again for the price i can not give it less than 5 stars. "

Pablocr

Jul 3, 2011
Haas anyone tried the GB update on this thread? I really don't care if it is GGB or not. If everything works and we get all the google apps specially the market then is a lot of gain.

Sent from my MID7024 using Tapatalk

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011

Alright here it is. Update

I also made a video of the tablet running gb.

thats Haipad_M7_322_rootable version with updated utscript so bootloader and logo will not be erased and updated.

I think you should try Herotab_C8_CFW_Based_0402_Mod_Tuen I left it sleeping for 10hours and its not turning off.

But right now im using C8lean_v0.41_v2 rom and havent tested if its turning off when sleeping.

i modified both rom a bit.

Last edited by a moderator: