Tablet Will Not Charge using Mini USB...

bugarson

Jul 9, 2013
Apologies if this post is in the wrong place, but I saw the 'answers to questions you may have a cannot find them elsewhere' tag on this forum and figured that I have done google searches to absolutely no avail on this one so this is my last hope. The skinny. I have a generic tablet a TWD_MID, that I purchased a few months ago from a Chinese site, that runs Android 4.0.4. Everything is fine and, to-date has worked good. The tablet was charging in two ways : first through the generic AC Adaptor (this still works). Second through the mini USB connection (like a phone). The problem is that suddenly this second way has stopped working. I know this could well be a physical thing and that the mini USB socket is broken or there is a loose connection inside or something (although from the outside it looks like no issue and a mini usb still locks into the socket fine). But before I try to pop the tablet open and go hunting for a physical reason (I don't really want to do this as there seems no easy way to get into the casing other than forcing it open) I was wondering if anyone knows of any setting in the Operating System of the tablet itself that could of been changed that would cause this? why would the mini USB suddenly no longer act as as a charger as well as a conector? Any help/pointers greatly appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Try a different usb cable, I have several tablets, most of them will charge with any cable but I have two tablets that only charge from a certain cable, even though the cables all look a like and are for the same purpose.

bugarson

Jul 9, 2013
Try a different usb cable

Thanks for responding. But it is the same USB cable that always worked before. In fact I have tried it on TWO USB cables that did previously work ok as chargers. But now do not work... its very puzzling.

Last edited: