Tablet with Usable USB port?

iwanderafar

May 21, 2012
Does anyone know of a tablet with a usable USB port (any size). When I say usable, I mean not just used to connect it to your computer, but one that will read and write to a flash/thumb drive or a USB hub.

Thanks!

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum!

I know the ASUS TF101, TF201 and TF300 have a USB port on the dock that you can buy, or an accessory to use in the charging port to use a USB drive/mouse/keyboard/camera. The ASUS Slider (SL101) has a built in USB port that has full functionality.

I am pretty sure that Samsung has an adapter for the charging port, and also that the Acer tablets have this functionality (some by an adapter).

wonderscout

May 30, 2012
The freebird tablet comes with a dongle that can allow two normal USB-A connections. I used an 8GB flash drive through the dongle to load apps, etc.

I put up a full review of the tablet in the reviews section, so I'd look at that before you rush out and buy one so you can decide if the feature is worth it to you verses what you get from the tablet.

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011

Lape2020

Aug 22, 2012
The Acer A200 has a full size USB. I have used it to read/write from a thumb drive, connext to a camera to transfer photos, and even connect a wireless mouse.

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
I have an Acer A500 and the full size USB built-in port has handled every usb device I've tried so far. I just got done searching for a picture for my tablet desktop on my 500 gb ntfs Seagate external drive and it was a breeze. The A500 also has the smaller OTG port for attaching to a PC.

Doublesixes

Dec 6, 2010
My Acer A500 Iconia full size USB handled mice, all kinds of storage devices, camera and file transfers between PCs and Android. Quite convenient, really.