Tablet won't boot up

jb4kats

Aug 25, 2011
I know that there are several threads on here concerning this issue but I am having a hard time following them.I have a MID 8" 806S generic tablet that will not boot up. Well, the green android shows up on the screen but then it doesn't do anything else. I read a few threads and did what they suggested and downloaded the firmware update and unzipped the file and put that on a sd card but the tablet still doesn't do anything.
I sure wish they would make things simple when you run into a problem of this nature, especially with someone like me that isn't tech savvy at all. If anyone knows something I can do to try that will make this tablet come on I sure would appreciate it. Maybe I didn't understand and comply with the instructions I don't know but I would like to see if this tablet is still operational before I just toss it. Anyone have any suggestions? I sure wish it was as simple as it is with a phone, like just removing the battery but of course these tablets that can't be done.
Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
hi, is this tablet wondermedia based? If so I may be able to help. Maybe you've seen or heard of uberoid custom rom. There is a link on wondermedia based page to get to this rom but I'll help you through it if you find out first if this is a wm8650 device. You should be able to tell by going to settings/ about device. If its not wm8650 I'm sorry I can't help but there will be others who can. Let me know..

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

jb4kats

Aug 25, 2011
Well, I can't get it on to go to settings.....I don't think it's a wondermedia, all it says on the device itself is that its a Mobile Internet Device with Android OS, Model M806S that's it. I can't find the book so don't even know it it would say anyway.

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
if the box it came in just says mid & isn't branded or your tab isn't branded it could be a number of different models. My own was sold as eken e18 but when I flashed the uberoid rom I discovered it was actually a mid703. I'll have a lookaround see what I can fgind out. Brb.

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
It seems your is wm8650 based sdo uberoid should work for you. If it doesn't then your tablet probably won't work with any firmware..
Search for uberoid on your pc, I used v10.1 as it worked well & I had no issues with it. There may be newer issues but this I know should be fine. Its a honeycomb upgrade version. When you find a download for uberoid, load to pc, then unzip files,
There should be a file saying something like changer.bat.
Open this file & a page will appear.
Type rt3070, then follow instructions it will ask for a number. Here you have several options for mid 806 these options re 5/6/15/16/17
There maybe more but try these first. Hopefully one should work.
Type y & it will ask if you eant to load to sd card.
Once this is done put into your tablet and start up.
It should tell you it is updating.
Leave until it asks you to remove card (this can take some time)
If it has worked that's it. If not start again from your pc & insert a different number and try again until you find a number that does work. It took me quite a few attempts with mine as I thought my tab was an e18 not. A mid703. Hopefully it will work first time. But if not do persevere as it is worth it in the end.
If you need any more help let me know..good luck

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Ps try 6 first, ignore 16.
Other numbers include
40,41,42,73,76,77,80 & 85. I think 6,15 & 17 are linked to mid 806 but thevdoent necessarily mean they will work, try those 1st tho'

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Uberoid does work with a few other cpu's.you need to find the uberoid model compatibility list on techknow site( I think that's how its spelt anyway)

jb4kats

Aug 25, 2011
That is what I came up with too. I tried downloading what you suggested but it still won't do anything. If it were something simple I would keep on trying, but these directions aren't that simple or they aren't for me, they are a little confusing. I'm the type that after I download something that's it, install it and it does all the figuring for me, plain and simple. I might give it one more try and then I'm just going to chuck it!!

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Its not that hard! You just need to follow the instructions carefully. I'm trying to update my new tab & I'm getting to figure it out just take it step by step. Which version uberoid did you download? My instructions work fine with 9.7 & 10.1. I couldn't load v11 myself. Let me know what version you have.

shiredroid

Apr 30, 2012
hi, if you check the futeko website, they say that for my tablet (eken T01), putting the files on an SD or microSD won't work. i have to put the unzipped o.s. files in a folder on my laptop, download and unzip the livesuite rar file and put it in another folder and(important) connect my laptop to the tablet with a usb to mini/micro/normalsize(depending on your model) usb cable.then you run the livesuite on your computer and follow the prompts to load the o.s. into your tablet.(before you load it, you also need to load usb drivers into your tablet via your computer, which you have also downloaded from the links at futeko). maybe this also applies to your tablet, it's worth checking out at futeko. i haven't tried it yet, as my o.s. is still downloading while i type this(188MB!in rar form!). i'll post if it works later. good luck, don't give up! you are learning all the time, as we all are.....:)