Tablet won't factory reset

iprincealii

Sep 20, 2013
I have a Nextbook (Model NEXT7P12-8G). It's been freezing on the "headset lady" screen as I've dubbed it and refusing to boot up any farther than that screen. This tablet has no reset button that I've seen and a hard reset has led me to something highly confusing.

When I select the option to do a data wipe/factory reset, the only thing it tells me it's done when it's finished is the data wipe. This, of course, does nothing to fix whatever is preventing the tablet from booting up right. So, maybe what's on the screen underneath in yellow is part of the issue so that is what I will type up below.

E;Bad bootloader arguments
"null"
E;failed to mount /sedcard (no such file or directory) - It repeats this line 3 more times.
E;cannot mount /sdcard (no such file or directory)
e;Can't mount /sdcard/factory_update_param.aml
E;unknown volume for path [/udiesk/factory_update_param.aml]
E;Can't mount /udisk/factory_update_param.aml

I'll be honest, I have no idea what I'm doing here and I have no warranty. I've also had the tablet for about 6 months now with it being like this, so I can't just return it to the store. Is there any hope of saving the tablet or should I just resign myself to the fact that I now have an $80 paperweight?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Unfortunately the reset button ususlly only forces a restart if the tablet is hung and doesn't do anything for a partial boot. Maybe someone else has a better idea but it seems to me that paper weight may be a good description. Unless you had been rooted by guess is that the internal storage is shot, corrupt.

iprincealii

Sep 20, 2013
Welcome to the forum

Unfortunately the reset button ususlly only forces a restart if the tablet is hung and doesn't do anything for a partial boot. Maybe someone else has a better idea but it seems to me that paper weight may be a good description. Unless you had been rooted by guess is that the internal storage is shot, corrupt.
Darn... Well, thank you for letting me know. Maybe I can figure out something else to do with it.