Tablet won't turn on - see latest post.

ruzin

Nov 24, 2015
Hello,

I have a generic android tablet, 10 inch. It wouldn't turn off so I went into recovery mode and tried to click reboot system now but it just says 'no command' after I select that option. It says no command after I select any option in recovery mode.

I also can't power it off in recovery mode either.

It is Android 4.4.2.

Any help much appreciated!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

That doesn't sound good. Have you tried holding the power button long enough to restart?

ruzin

Nov 24, 2015
Nope. Power button doesn't seem to work. I had to let the battery run out to get out of recovery mode. I can't turn the tablet off at all.

I also have a blue line and yellow line on on side of the screen and a pink one on the other side.

I attached a picture of it to show what I mean. Well i tried to attach a picture. Don't think it worked.

Attachments

• DSC_0583.JPG
    DSC_0583.JPG
    328.6 KB · Views: 355
Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I think it may be time to plan the funeral. Like I said, not good at all.

ruzin

Nov 24, 2015
Well, it is second hand and I only bought it the other day for £25. Apart from unable to turn off, recovery mode not working and the lines, it's fine.

It's my first tablet so it'll do me till I can afford a new one. I came here to see if it was possible to fix the not turning off issue.

ruzin

Nov 24, 2015
Now it won't even turn on. I had charged it overnight and it won't turn on at all. Only sign of life is when I plug in the charger and a green battery comes up on the screen. That's it.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Things seem to be going from bad to worse, if it could get worse. Time for a real tablet purchase. ;)

ruzin

Nov 24, 2015
I can't afford one. Hence the cheap pre-owned one. So, does nobody have advice on how to fix it?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
It would likely cost you more to get it fixed than you paid for it and that assumes you can find someone to fix it. Being that it's a generic tablet I wouldn't know what or who to suggest.