tablet wont turn on

estreet

Jan 6, 2012
used last night and message popped up saying battery was low and
shutting down. i plugged it in and few hours later did not work. charged all night and still nothin
g. what can i do?

edster

Jan 15, 2012
Try holding the power button down longer, 15 sec. minimum, 30 sec. if 15 doesn't work.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

faithalone

Oct 1, 2011
also verify that there is not a problem with the charger - plug another usb device into it and see if it charges - lastly, where you plug the cable into your tablet in the micro usb port does it seem "secure" and not loose - some have had issues with the charging port...

good luck!

Schroeder

Jan 16, 2012
Same problem here. wont turn on and that force start thing doesnt do anything at all. but as i understand vizio will replace it?

southsound

Dec 3, 2011
What kind of tablet are you having problems with?
Let me guess... the OP is posting in the Vizio Tablets thread of this forum. Vizio has currently shipped only one hardware version of only one tablet, the VTAB1008.

Maybe the OP is asking about the Apple iPad 2???

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Let me guess... the OP is posting in the Vizio Tablets thread of this forum. Vizio has currently shipped only one hardware version of only one tablet, the VTAB1008.

Maybe the OP is asking about the Apple iPad 2???

You never know and it doesn't hurt to ask. But thanks for your two cents.

Sent from my Vizio Tab/ Universal Remote

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Had the same problem with mine. this tablet like many other electronics is voltage particular and just plugging any charger that fits the port won't necessarily work. You need to have the correct charger or at least one that is putting out the same or a comparable amount of power as the one that came with the VTAB.
I unplugged the charger that I had on it and plugged it in to the charger that came with my Kindle Fire and let it sit for a few hours and that did the job.
You just need to be sure that the charger is putting out enough power. A charger that fits but is for your phone may just not be producing enough gogo juice for your tablet.

VincentGu

Feb 11, 2012
used last night and message popped up saying battery was low and
shutting down. i plugged it in and few hours later did not work. charged all night and still nothin
g. what can i do?
I also encounter such issue. The led is flashing orang and green. I make the pad a little warmer, the led turns total green few hours later. But it still can't be turned on.

Szn122

Aug 1, 2012
Wow! I guess I'm NOT surprised at others having same issue:( I'm on my SECOND vizio tablet sent to me by company! I DON'T want another 1---I want a complete refund.
ANYONE find a solution? I'm sooooooooooo fed UP!

IndyOne

Mar 12, 2012
I have found that you can't just use any 5 Volt Mini-USB charger with the VTAB1008. The VTAB charger is 2.0 Amps, which is quite a bit more than a typical cell phone charger which is anywhere from .5 to 1.0 Amps. I don't know what the Amperage threshold is for charging but I have gotten mine to charge on a 1.5 Amp charger and it takes a bit longer to charge on that.

Agree with the poster who says hold the power button down for 15-30 seconds. This forces a power off.