tablet wont work

quantum

Jun 28, 2011
hello to all i just bougth this tablet [huawei s7 slim yesterday played with it all night and let it charge threw the night. this morning it wont respond to the touch action at all, any help will be apreciated.

bladerunn3r

May 10, 2011
Did you install a new launcher? Like launcherpro or awe? If do that may be the problem,as they don't work with the s7 slim tablets.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 Slim using Android Tablet Forum

bladerunn3r

May 10, 2011
Well that is your problem for sure. Not sure - how to fix that. Though I am not on the technical level that most are here. Someone should be able to point you in the right direction

Sent from my IDEOS S7 Slim using Android Tablet Forum

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Ok, to try and get this straight you installed a 3rd party launcher?

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum

quantum

Jun 28, 2011
i went crazy intaling every free game there was then i found luncherpro,but no problem there i kept on playing until 2.30 am i put it to charge ,the nex morning turn it on it bribate like ithe fist time but now touch funtion not working it stays0n for a few second then turns of until i press power again.

moshe5368

Mar 13, 2011
I believe you said you installed launcher pro? If so, that is the problem as the slim will not function with the stock software if a third party launcher is installed. This has been discussed in the forum. In order to restore the slim, you must remove the launcher pro software. This can be accomplished. Using ADB through your PC. Check the thread here for instructions iif you are not familiar with the process.

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

quantum

Jun 28, 2011
thankyou all for your fast respond you really come fast to the rescue for the members in need ,today i went to best buy again and reclaim waranty.they give me a newone no cuastions ask.but i will still come here to laern how not to f&%# my hauwei s7 slim tablet again.

ANF1967

Jul 27, 2011
Hello, everybody, unfortunaly I have the same problem. I already try the SD card upgrade to South Africa firmware version. The upgrade end with ok message, but when the power on the tablet I got the message "coulometer firmware is upgrading. please wait" and before some minutes I got the message "Coulometer firmware failed." and the tablet still don´t work because it seems the touch screen was disable.
I send a message to Huwaei and receive the response below:
" pub_mobile [email protected] para mim

Dear Sir/Madam​

sorry for the inconvenience it brought to you , you could take your devie to the vendor or the authorized service center of your operator for a test and check,they will decide whether you could enjoy the warranty or not according to our warranty policy(could meet all demands required by the policy)

thank you
customer service
HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES CO.,LTD.
mail

Address: Huawei Industrial Base
Bantian Longgang
Shenzhen 518129, P.R.China
www.huawei.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI, which
is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any use of the
information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to, total or partial
disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the intended
recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by
phone or email immediately and delete it!

发件人: Armindo Nannini [mailto:[email protected]]
发送时间: 2011年7月26日 5:20
收件人: [email protected]
主题: Hard Reset in Huwaei IDEOS S7 slim

- Ocultar texto das mensagens anteriores -

Hello,

When I turn on the device I get the message low battery then the device turn off automatically (I already try with the charger AC plug in and didn’t work either!).
I would like to try to reset the device to factory mode but I couldn´t do it because the touch screen doesn´t work than I can´t access the menu´s.

I would like to do a Hard Reset, but I don´t know how. Could you help me?

Thank you
Armindo."

The real problem is I´m in Brazil and we don´t have BB here (I just bought this device in the BB Orlando a month ago during my vacation time).
If somebody have another idea for me to try, I will appreciate!

squirrel

Dec 8, 2011
I bought an S7 Slim from an auction site and installed Launcher Pro. Same problem as everyone else. I am unable to use the touch screen and cannot make the device come up on the PC (cant select disk mode, etc). Is there anything I can do? I am unable to find anyone in South Africa you can help!

kosenn

Oct 6, 2011
Download the rom for your tablet and reinstall. This will reset your tablet to factory condition. You will have to reinstall all of your apps. Do not install 3rd party launchers. Remove the battery and you will see what model you have. Download and copy to memory card. Create a folder on your mem. card (dload) Inside that folder should be 3 files(unlmt.cfg, UPDATA.APP, upg). Remove battery to make sure device is off. Insert mem. card then reinsert battery and press the power button. Wait for update to finish. The screen will show ok. (important)Remove the mem. card before you reboot. Hope this works for you.

Last edited: