Tablets are Likely to Out-Sell Laptops in 2013

Discussion in 'Android Tablet News' started by dgstorm, Jan 8, 2013.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member

[​IMG]

We could be close to a turning point for the PC industry as the inescapable onslaught of tablets continues to erode their marketshare. According to a new survey report from NPD DisplaySearch, we are likely to see tablet sales out-pace Laptop and Notebook sales this year. Here's a quote with even more detail,

What do you think? Is the decline of PC's and especially laptops and notebooks something permanent, or will we eventually see a resurgence?

Source: PhoneArena
  2. J515OP

J515OP Super Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Nook Color, Nook Tablet 16GB, Vizio VTab, Nexus 7
    Does this really surprise anybody? Even if laptops and or desktops are necessary they are not necessary in the numbers that tablets and phones are. A family can easily share one or two laptops or PCs but everybody wants their own tablets and phones. It is easy to see tablets and phones even being at a 2 devices per person ratio but not so with traditional computers.
  3. ravenryuu

ravenryuu Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Coby Kyros MID7034
    I think the decline in laptops/netbooks sales will occur as people turn to tablets for purposes other than typing/working. Tablets are more convenient for surfing, entertainment, things like that - laptops/netbooks aren't so much.

I completely agree with the previous post about everyone wanting their own tablet :D
  4. SteveWorks

SteveWorks Junior Member

Good point! Tablets are leisure time gadgets but I can't imagine working on anything else than a full-sized keyboard..