tablets for work

struka

Oct 28, 2011
Hello,

Did a little searching around but couldn't find what I was looking for. My work is in the process of getting tablets for us but they don't know which one would be best for us.

The work we would be doing is basically going on to NetSuite (cloud for Purchase orders and contacts) and show PDFs, Excel, and other documents. The work is mainly focused for our salesman that can be in front of a customer and show their quotes, orders, add them as contacts in NetSuite.

It is simple work but we want something good. I been reading about the Transformer 2 and it seems like a good choice due to the USB and optional keyboard. Also, it would have ICS which is a plus.

Any input or ideas?

Thanks!

bclinger

Aug 11, 2011
Size is a factor, how long it will be held also, as the longer held the heavier. I use an Acer A 500 and for extended use place it flat. Like the size for viewing, but 10" is big. I would suggest a 7".

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

struka

Oct 28, 2011
we thought about a 7" but that seems too small. I think 10" would be best. As far as holding the tablet, they wont be holding it for too long but only when needed. Right now they carry laptops with them which they will still have but with the tablet it will be easier to show the customer some products from a PDF, or Purchase Order. They wont need to carry their laptop into the factory but leave it in their car.

skoster

Apr 1, 2011
Motion Computing CL900. For your application you need a professional grade device. How much does it cost you if the customer drops the tablet and it breaks? It costs the rest of the days sales calls.

If not the CL900, get something mil-std-810g certified, minimum IP52 (preferably IP54), with features like IPS, 4:3, 9.7" (or larger), multi-touch for easy zooming for customers with vision problems, wifi b/g/n, and 3G. You basically need something with a really nice screen and excellent connectivity, that's easy, the hard part is making sure it's a truly rugged tablet.

Last edited:

Goblin

Aug 20, 2011
Would you need to be connected to a network? Should you consider a 3g enabled device. I use my phone for a wireless network but it might be a consideration.

I would suggest that you look at integration into current systems as well. Training might be an issue as wll. Do most of your workers use iOS?? Such a rollout ends up 20% technology and 80% institutional and personel issues. I suggest start small. You will never b able to anticipate all the problems. Eg. Not qall the displays are that visable in sunlight...will that be a consideration.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum