tablet's in connecticut, GPS says Hong Kong!

Ned Lud

Feb 21, 2011
Hey all,
Finally got my a81g, and so far so good... im posting from it right now. I dd the factory reset, but have not flashed the rom as i wasnt sure if that was really necesary. Everything so far seems basically functional except the gps. Its stuck in hong kong! No matter what setting i mess with googlemaps keeps showing my location as hk. When i open the "places" app, it says "waiting for location" at the bottom, but if i touch any buttons (like the coffee button or whatever) it shows coffee shops in friggin hong kong. Help!

Also... does this onscreen keyboard have no directional back button for moving around in text? Im going crazy without a back button.

Thanks!

greenfrog

Aug 11, 2010
You have to take it outside and let it set with the gps on until it locks onto the sats it can see, then you will be ok. It can take up to an hour depending on your location to get the first locks.

Ned Lud

Feb 21, 2011
seriously? A whole hour? Do I have to have gmaps open on the surface with the GPS radar symbol visible in the top line the whole time, or does it keep working in the background if I'm playing angry birds or something?

If I can get a lock once, will it then be able to lock on normally, indoors and in cars etc?

thanks again

jtshop

Oct 6, 2010
change time zone and area zone , change language
test gps and get location via internet