Tablets that can run, edit & upload MS Excel spreadsheet

Ski1

May 20, 2012
My boss has been so impressed by my 7" NATPC that he wants to get something similar to use for our stocktakes. Is there a tablet / app combo that will allow us to download from excel, edit the spreadsheet while counting in the timber yard and then upload the results to the PC at the end of the day?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

There are quite a few apps in the Google Store that will allow you to edit Excel spreadsheets. Getting them to the office PC there are probably 100 different ways. The easiest might be to mail it as an attachment but there are quite a few apps that will allow you to transfer the files over WiFi including WiFi File Explorer, AirDroid and others.

So the bottom line is that the answer is yes. Any major manufacturer tablet should be able to handle that with ease.

newst

Jan 1, 2011
Any of the major android tablets can easily handle excel spreadsheets. My personal preference is a 7 inch tablet and I had no problem with either my Samsung Galaxy Tab or my new Nexus 7. If you are going to be doing major spreadsheet work you might prefer a 10 inch screen tablet like the Asus Transformer (a keyboard can make spreadsheet input easier).

Two apps I've found that handle excel format spreadsheets well are QuickOffice and Documents to Go.

One easy way to share the same spreadsheet between the tablet and a PC is to store it in the 'cloud' with an app like Dropbox.

Another app that makes sharing data between tablets and PCs easy is Evernote. It's a great, free app you might want to check out.